[ANN] fox-tool - interactive gui builder for fxruby

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by henon, Oct 5, 2003.

  1. henon

    henon Guest

    hi fellows,

    i am proud to be able to release a preview of "fox-tool" which is an
    interactive gui builder for fxruby.
    i have used it for the gui of my project at work, so i know it is fit
    enough for a preview. i think it is stable enough for you to play around
    with it (you will find some examples in the "examples" sub directory).
    while the core features are implemented there is still much missing and
    there are lots of little bugs to fix.

    you can download the preview at:
    http://www.rubyforge.org/projects/fox-tool

    there is a new baken home page including a users guide at:
    http://fox-tool.rubyforge.org

    cheers,
    - henon

    --------------
    % cat "food in cans"
    cat: can't open food in cans
    henon, Oct 5, 2003

  2. il Sun, 05 Oct 2003 16:17:16 GMT, henon <> ha
    scritto::

    >hi fellows,
    >
    >i am proud to be able to release a preview of "fox-tool" which is an
    >interactive gui builder for fxruby.
    >i have used it for the gui of my project at work, so i know it is fit
    >enough for a preview. i think it is stable enough for you to play around
    >with it (you will find some examples in the "examples" sub directory).
    >while the core features are implemented there is still much missing and
    >there are lots of little bugs to fix.
    >

    >you can download the preview at:
    > http://www.rubyforge.org/projects/fox-tool

    should we start to report bug or to request features? :)
    BTW, it is really impressive and it seem to work quite fine on
    winXP+pragprog_ruby (even if it crashes if I rightclick the main
    space..)

    Thank you for this :)
    gabriele renzi, Oct 5, 2003

  3. henon

    henon Guest

    gabriele renzi wrote:
    [...]
    >>you can download the preview at:
    >> http://www.rubyforge.org/projects/fox-tool
    >>

    > should we start to report bug or to request features? :)

    please feel free to request features and report bugs!
    i am also especially interested in unix test results, (does it run under
    linux??) because i didn't manage to set up fxruby on my debian linux.

    > BTW, it is really impressive and it seem to work quite fine on
    > winXP+pragprog_ruby (even if it crashes if I rightclick the main
    > space..)
    >
    > Thank you for this :)

    thanks for feedback. as more users start using it, it will grow and
    become more perfect i hope.

    - henon
    henon, Oct 6, 2003