    because you can tweak your fxruby user interfaces interactively and that
    preserves a lot of time, fox-api reading and finger typing.

    -henon
    henon (meinrad recheis), Jan 5, 2005

  2. I get:

    c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in
    `require__': No such file to load -- fox (LoadError)
    from
    c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in `require'
    from ./__FX__.rb:1
    from
    c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in `require__'
    from
    c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in `require'
    from foxGUIb.rbw:12

    When trying to run foxGUIb.rbw

    Any sugestions?

    Luis G. Gómez, Jan 5, 2005

  3. Luis G. Gómez wrote:
    > I get:
    >
    > c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in
    > `require__': No such file to load -- fox (LoadError)
    > from
    > c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in `require'
    > from ./__FX__.rb:1
    > from
    > c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in
    > `require__'
    > from
    > c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in `require'
    > from foxGUIb.rbw:12
    >
    > When trying to run foxGUIb.rbw
    >
    > Any sugestions?

    your failure messages look very strange to me, however:

    > `require__': No such file to load -- fox (LoadError)

    obviously ruby doesn't find FXRuby. it might not be installed on your
    system. would it be installed ruby's require should find "fox"

    hth,
    - henon
    henon (meinrad recheis), Jan 5, 2005
  4. Hello,

    > Any sugestions?

    Have you installed the Fox GUI library successfully ? Did you try running a
    few examples ? What operating system are you running this on ? What Ruby
    version ?

    In particular, if you type
    require 'fox'
    in irb, do you get a 'true' back ?

    I think this will help us answering your question.

    kaspar

    hand manufactured code - www.tua.ch/ruby
    Kaspar Schiess, Jan 5, 2005
  5. Do you have any screenshots?
    Richard Lyman, Jan 5, 2005
  6. I can run foxGUIb fine but I can not run the generated code. I get an
    error in regards to
    require 'FX'

    I have looked over the FXRuby site and the Fox site to figure out what
    FX is part of but I am having no luck. Anyone care to help out a gui noob?

    Thank you,
    Matt Margolis
    Matthew Margolis, Jan 5, 2005
  7. Matthew Margolis wrote:
    > I can run foxGUIb fine but I can not run the generated code. I get an
    > error in regards to
    > require 'FX'

    you find "FX.rb" in the directory foxGUIb/FX/fxrelease. This is my
    fault. i should have mentioned in the readme. However it is mentioned in
    the UsersGuide on the Project-Wiki.
    regards,
    - henon
    henon (meinrad recheis), Jan 5, 2005
  8. henon (meinrad recheis), Jan 5, 2005
  9. henon (meinrad recheis)

    Bill Atkins Guest

    Very well done. The UI is well-designed, the code generator works.
    Good deal. It would be neat if userscould run the generated code from
    within foxGUib.

    Bill

    --
    $stdout.sync = true
    "Just another Ruby hacker.".each_byte do |b|
    Bill Atkins, Jan 5, 2005
  10. henon (meinrad recheis)

    Curt Hibbs Guest

    If you have FXRuby 1.0.29 or earlier, you do a require "fox". If you have
    FXRuby 1.2.2, you must do a require "fox12". Perhaps this is the problem.

    Curt

    Curt Hibbs, Jan 5, 2005
  11. Curt Hibbs wrote:
    > If you have FXRuby 1.0.29 or earlier, you do a require "fox". If you have
    > FXRuby 1.2.2, you must do a require "fox12". Perhaps this is the problem.
    >
    > Curt

    Thanks for pointing this out. foxGUIb is currently based on FXRuby
    1.0.29. I did never test it with FXRuby 1.2.2.

    Porting to the new FXRuby version is one of the next big tasks for me.
    - henon
    henon (meinrad recheis), Jan 5, 2005
  12. Hello henon,

    hmr> foxGUIb is an interactive gui builder for fxruby written entirely in Ruby.
    hmr> It does not require much knowledge of the FXRuby API and therefore is
    hmr> also a good start for fxruby newbies. foxGUIb is a completely redesigned
    hmr> and rewritten version of the fox-tool project.

    Can you pleaaaase implement Drag & Drop in the Widget Tree.
    And a cut command (instead of a copy/delete).

    Lothar Scholz http://www.ruby-ide.com
    Lothar Scholz, Jan 5, 2005
  13. Curt Hibbs wrote:
    > If you have FXRuby 1.0.29 or earlier, you do a require "fox". If you have
    > FXRuby 1.2.2, you must do a require "fox12". Perhaps this is the problem.

    That doesn't work with RubyGems! I've installed fxruby (1.2.2). Does
    anyone have the same problem?

    Regards,

    Michael
    Michael Neumann, Jan 5, 2005
  14. Lothar Scholz wrote:
    > Hello henon,
    >
    > hmr> foxGUIb is an interactive gui builder for fxruby written entirely in Ruby.
    > hmr> It does not require much knowledge of the FXRuby API and therefore is
    > hmr> also a good start for fxruby newbies. foxGUIb is a completely redesigned
    > hmr> and rewritten version of the fox-tool project.
    >
    > Can you pleaaaase implement Drag & Drop in the Widget Tree.

    thanks for that suggestion. i didn't do it until now because it is not
    as easy as it sounds. if i can find a way to implement this in ruby upon
    the FXTreeList widget i will definitely do it. would make things a lot
    easier ;)

    > And a cut command (instead of a copy/delete).

    ok, that's no problem.

    - henon
    henon (meinrad recheis), Jan 5, 2005
  15. henon (meinrad recheis)

    Curt Hibbs Guest

    Michael Neumann wrote:

    > Curt Hibbs wrote:
    > > If you have FXRuby 1.0.29 or earlier, you do a require "fox".

    > If you have
    > > FXRuby 1.2.2, you must do a require "fox12". Perhaps this is

    > the problem.
    >
    > That doesn't work with RubyGems! I've installed fxruby (1.2.2). Does
    > anyone have the same problem?

    If your using the RubyGems version of FXRuby, then you also need to require
    "rubygems" first (or start ruby with the "-rubygems" option).

    The FXRuby lib is named "fox.so" in FxRuby 1.0.29, but in 1.2.2 it has been
    named "fox12.so".

    Curt
    Curt Hibbs, Jan 5, 2005
  16. "henon (meinrad recheis)" <> wrote:
    > Curt Hibbs wrote:
    > > If you have FXRuby 1.0.29 or earlier, you do a require "fox". If you have
    > > FXRuby 1.2.2, you must do a require "fox12". Perhaps this is the problem.
    > >
    > > Curt

    > Thanks for pointing this out. foxGUIb is currently based on FXRuby
    > 1.0.29. I did never test it with FXRuby 1.2.2.
    >
    > Porting to the new FXRuby version is one of the next big tasks for me.

    FWIW, it doesn't currently work with 1.2 - I got the following (after
    changing all 'require fox' to 'require fox12') :

    $ ruby foxGUIb.rbw
    ../FX/fxbase.rb:386: uninitialized constant Fox::FXMenubar (NameError)
    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in `r
    equire__'
    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in `r
    equire'
    from ./__FX__.rb:6
    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in `r
    equire__'
    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in `r
    equire'
    from foxGUIb.rbw:12

    This is with the latest one-click installer.

    martin
    Martin DeMello, Jan 5, 2005
  17. henon (meinrad recheis)

    Guest

    I get:

    % ruby -I .:./FX:./gui foxGUIb.rbw
    ./FX/fxbase.rb:487: undefined superclass `FXScintilla' (TypeError)
    from ./__FX__.rb:6:in `require'
    from ./__FX__.rb:6
    from foxGUIb.rbw:12:in `require'
    from foxGUIb.rbw:12

    Where do I get FXScintilla?

    --
    Jim Freeze
    Code Red. Code Ruby
  18. Curt Hibbs wrote:
    > Michael Neumann wrote:
    >
    >>Curt Hibbs wrote:
    >>
    >>>If you have FXRuby 1.0.29 or earlier, you do a require "fox".

    >>If you have
    >>
    >>>FXRuby 1.2.2, you must do a require "fox12". Perhaps this is

    >>the problem.
    >>
    >>That doesn't work with RubyGems! I've installed fxruby (1.2.2). Does
    >>anyone have the same problem?

    > If your using the RubyGems version of FXRuby, then you also need to require
    > "rubygems" first (or start ruby with the "-rubygems" option).

    Sure, I do that. I'm running RubyGems 0.8.4.

    If I remove both "s.autorequire" and "s.require_paths" from it's
    gemspec, and add 'ext/fox12.so' to the "s.files" list, then it works!
    Seems to be a RubyGems bug!

    Regards,

    Michael
    Michael Neumann, Jan 5, 2005
  19. Michael Neumann wrote:
    > Curt Hibbs wrote:
    >
    >> Michael Neumann wrote:

    >>> If you have

    >>> the problem.
    >>>
    >>> That doesn't work with RubyGems! I've installed fxruby (1.2.2). Does
    >>> anyone have the same problem?

    >> If your using the RubyGems version of FXRuby, then you also need to
    >> require
    >> "rubygems" first (or start ruby with the "-rubygems" option).

    > Sure, I do that. I'm running RubyGems 0.8.4.
    >
    > If I remove both "s.autorequire" and "s.require_paths" from it's
    > gemspec, and add 'ext/fox12.so' to the "s.files" list, then it works!
    > Seems to be a RubyGems bug!

    No sorry. It does not work. It loads the gem, but not the fox12.so.

    Regards,

    Michael
    Michael Neumann, Jan 5, 2005
  20. When I wrote my own GUI builder for FXRuby, I just used 4 keys to
    'drag-and-drop'.

    Left-Arrow => Reparent as next sibling under old parent.
    Right-Arrow => Reparent as last sibling under old previous sibling.
    Down-Arrow => Move to after next sibling. If last child then don't change.
    Up-Arrow => Move to before previous sibling. If first child then don't change.

    Coded it up in a few minutes, works like a charm, and IMO it's easier
    when dealing with a tree structure.

    I also used WASD for the tree navigation when I didn't want to select
    a different node.

    ... I really need to rewrite it for Debian now that I'm off Win2k...
    sigh... not enough time.

    Probably going to wait to rewrite it for the
    next-great-gui-kit-framework-thingie.

    -Rich

    Richard Lyman, Jan 5, 2005