[ANN] Free "Pickaxe 2" for first 50 Ruby Conf registrants!

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by David A. Black, Aug 3, 2004.

  1. Dear Rubyists,

    On behalf of RubyConf 2004 and Ruby Central, Inc., we are thrilled to
    announce a special gift from The Pragmatic Programmers to the Ruby
    community:

    As a thank-you to the community, the Pragmatic Programmers will give
    each of the first 50 (fifty) people to register for RubyConf 2004 a
    FREE COPY of the second edition of "Programming Ruby" ("Pickaxe2").

    These recipients will be the first people in the world to see the
    new edition; it will literally be hot off the presses and shipped
    directly from the printers to the conference.

    To qualify, you must register no later than September 1, and your
    conference fees must be fully paid in advance of the conference.

    You can register for the conference at:

    http://www.rubycentral.org/conference/register.html

    Happy Pickaxing, and see you in Virginia!

    David Black
    Chad Fowler

    for RubyConf 2004 and Ruby Central, Inc.

    --
    David A. Black

    David A. Black, Aug 3, 2004

  2. "David A. Black" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Dear Rubyists,
    >
    > On behalf of RubyConf 2004 and Ruby Central, Inc., we are thrilled to
    > announce a special gift from The Pragmatic Programmers to the Ruby
    > community:
    >
    > As a thank-you to the community, the Pragmatic Programmers will give
    > each of the first 50 (fifty) people to register for RubyConf 2004 a
    > FREE COPY of the second edition of "Programming Ruby" ("Pickaxe2").

    Great stuff!

    > Happy Pickaxing, and see you in Virginia!

    Not there but I could make it to location.gsub! /rgi(n)i/, 'en\\1'

    robert - who is just too far away from Virginia *sigh*

    Robert Klemme, Aug 3, 2004

  3. David A. Black

    John Carter Guest

    Pickaxe 2? We'll even pay... [ANN] Free "Pickaxe 2"

    On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, David A. Black wrote:

    > FREE COPY of the second edition of "Programming Ruby" ("Pickaxe2").

    > These recipients will be the first people in the world to see the
    > new edition; it will literally be hot off the presses and shipped
    > directly from the printers to the conference.

    Ooh, I just have found a good excuse to convince my employer to buy a copy
    of Pickaxe and this comes along. Where can we preorder the second edition?

    (Ps: I have read and enjoyed the online version so I'm glad of an excuse
    to repay you.)

    John Carter Phone : (64)(3) 358 6639
    Tait Electronics Fax : (64)(3) 359 4632
    PO Box 1645 Christchurch Email :
    New Zealand

    The universe is absolutely plastered with the dashed lines exactly one
    space long.

    John Carter, Aug 4, 2004