[ANN] FreeRide 0.9.3 - The Free Ruby IDE

Laurent Julliard

Version 0.9.3 of FreeRIDE has been released and is available for download!

For details and downloads, go to:

http://freeride.rubyforge.org/

0.9.3 is a bug fix release (view menu out of sync, font preferences
broken...) and also introduces a new plugin IRB (interactive shell
plugin) based on Martin Demello fxirb. Have fun! And, as always,
feedback and contributions are welcome.

NOTE: If you experience troubles (e.g. crashes) at startup time,
delete your FreeRIDE configuration directory in $HOME/.freeride for
Linux users or %USERPROFILE%\freeride on Windows to restart from a
fresh setting.

=== FreeRIDE Overview ===

FreeRIDE aims to be a full-featured, first-class IDE on a par with
those available for other languages, with all the best-of-breed
features that you would expect in a high-end IDE.

Some of FreeRIDE's features include:

* Multi-file editing
* Syntax highlighting
* Auto-indenting
* Code Folding
* Source navigation by module, class, method, etc.
* Integrated debugging
* Written in Ruby for easy extension

Some planned features include:
* Full internationalization
* High-end refactoring support
* Remote pair programming

In its current state, FreeRIDE cannot yet be called a real IDE. What
is does have is a stable infrastructure with all the working plumbing
needed for the hordes of anxious Ruby developers that want to create
plugins to extend the functionality of FreeRIDE. The FreeRIDE team
will be working on such FreeRIDE plugins that we will individually
release to incrementally improve the FreeRIDE system. Periodically we
will rollup these added plugins into new releases of FreeRIDE.

Even if you have not officially joined the FreeRIDE team you can still
create plugins for you own use, share them with others, or send them
to us and we will make them available for download from our project
wiki. We may even ask for your permission to include them in the
FreeRIDE core distribution.

tony summerfelt

Version 0.9.3 of FreeRIDE has been released and is available for download!

installed this version.

checked the preferences to see if i could fiddle with the background
enough to see the cursor.

i changed the default background from grey (that i was trying out),
back to black (my original preference) and clicked apply...

'apply button stayed down so i let my cpu peg for a few minutes before
i killed the rubyw/freeride process

now i can't run freeride at all. i get the following errors:

[g:\ruby.1.8.2\freeride]run
freeruby-win\bin\ruby.exe -rubygems freeride.rb
G:/ruby.1.8.2/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/readers.rb:109:in
`read_slot': undefined method `keys' for false:FalseClass
(NoMethodError) from

G:/ruby.1.8.2/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/readers.rb:104:in `loa
d' from

G:/ruby.1.8.2/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/properties.rb:73:in
`initialize' from

G:/ruby.1.8.2/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/plugin.rb:103:in `new'
from

G:/ruby.1.8.2/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/plugin.rb:103:in `init
ialize' from

G:/ruby.1.8.2/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/configuration.rb:336:i
n `new' from

G:/ruby.1.8.2/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/configuration.rb:336:i
n `instance' from

G:/ruby.1.8.2/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/configuration.rb:68:in
`load_plugins' from

G:/ruby.1.8.2/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/core.rb:64:in `initial
ize' from

G:/ruby.1.8.2/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/core.rb:35:in `new'
from

G:/ruby.1.8.2/freeride/freebase/lib/freebase/core.rb:35:in `startup
' from freeride.rb:77:in `startup'
from freeride.rb:116
http://home.cogeco.ca/~tsummerfelt1
telnet://ventedspleen.dyndns.org

Curt Hibbs

tony said:
download!

installed this version.

checked the preferences to see if i could fiddle with the background
enough to see the cursor.

i changed the default background from grey (that i was trying out),
back to black (my original preference) and clicked apply...

'apply button stayed down so i let my cpu peg for a few minutes before
i killed the rubyw/freeride process

now i can't run freeride at all. i get the following errors:

Laurent will need to look at the actual problem, but in the meantime you can
get freeride running again by deleting your freeride configuration files.
You do this on windows by deleting the directory:

%USERPROFILE%\freeride

Curt