[ANN] French Version of Learn To Program

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Chris Pine, Apr 19, 2005.

  1. Chris Pine

    Chris Pine Guest

    Guess what I just found out! Jean-Pierre ANGHEL translated my
    tutorial into French! I have no idea when this happened, but I
    thought that if I didn't know about it, maybe you didn't, either.

    That brings the language count up to three, with the Japanese
    translation by Shin Nishiyama. Find them all here:
    http://pine.fm/LearnToProgram/

    So what is it? "Learn to Program" is a tutorial for someone who has
    never programmed before. (Even so, a lot of programmers of other
    languages have found it useful.) It starts very gently, and has lots
    and lots of examples. The
    examples are all guaranteed correct with the latest Ruby: the code
    samples are run every time you request the webpage! (So you can
    reload the random number examples and see different outputs, for
    example.) In fact, the whole tutorial is actually being generated by
    a Ruby program. It seemed appropriate. :)

    But the question on my mind: How did Jean-Pierre find out my middle name?!

    Chris

    Chris Pine, Apr 19, 2005

  2. Chris Pine

    James Britt Guest

    Chris Pine wrote:
    > Guess what I just found out! Jean-Pierre ANGHEL translated my
    > tutorial into French! I have no idea when this happened, but I
    > thought that if I didn't know about it, maybe you didn't, either.

    Yeah, that's been listed on ruby-doc for, like, forever. Or something.

    Somehow I got the impression he had asked or told you about it.

    Guess not.

    There was an announcement on the ruby-doc site (and RSS feed) when it
    went up, though, in June 2004.

    James

    --

    http://www.ruby-doc.org