[ANN] French Version of Learn To Program

Chris Pine

Guess what I just found out! Jean-Pierre ANGHEL translated my
tutorial into French! I have no idea when this happened, but I
thought that if I didn't know about it, maybe you didn't, either.

That brings the language count up to three, with the Japanese
translation by Shin Nishiyama. Find them all here:
http://pine.fm/LearnToProgram/

So what is it? "Learn to Program" is a tutorial for someone who has
never programmed before. (Even so, a lot of programmers of other
languages have found it useful.) It starts very gently, and has lots
and lots of examples. The
examples are all guaranteed correct with the latest Ruby: the code
samples are run every time you request the webpage! (So you can
reload the random number examples and see different outputs, for
example.) In fact, the whole tutorial is actually being generated by
a Ruby program. It seemed appropriate. :)

But the question on my mind: How did Jean-Pierre find out my middle name?!

Chris

James Britt

Chris said:
Guess what I just found out! Jean-Pierre ANGHEL translated my
tutorial into French! I have no idea when this happened, but I
thought that if I didn't know about it, maybe you didn't, either.

Yeah, that's been listed on ruby-doc for, like, forever. Or something.

Somehow I got the impression he had asked or told you about it.

Guess not.

There was an announcement on the ruby-doc site (and RSS feed) when it
went up, though, in June 2004.

James

--

http://www.ruby-doc.org