[ANN] froglogic Announces Automated Web Testing Tool Squish/Web

reggie

Hamburg, Germany - 2006-06-22 froglogic GmbH today announced the
availability of Squish/Web. Squish/Web is a new edition of the
powerful platform-independent testing framework Squish. This new
edition features the creation and execution of tests on HTML-based Web
and Web 2.0 applications in a variety of Web browsers.

Squish started out as a professional automated GUI testing tool for
applications based on different GUI technologies such as Qt, Tk and
XView. Squish quickly gained a large user base and became the leading
testing tool in the platform-independent GUI testing market.

Last week's Squish 3.0 release included a new edition that enables
testing of HTML-based Web and Web 2.0 applications. Following
froglogic's platform-independent philosophy, Squish/Web can exercise
tests in a range of different browsers such as Microsoft Internet
Explorer, Mozilla/Firefox, Apple's Safari and KDE's Konqueror on
different platforms and operating systems.

"Test engineers having to deal with Web applications can now take
advantage of Squish's powerful testing framework that allows to create
robust and portable tests. Without modifications, test scripts created
for one browser can be executed in other browsers even running on
different platforms. This does not only allow to test the correctness
of the Web application but also ensures its portability across
different browsers and platforms.", explained Harri Porten,
froglogic's Unix Platform Chief and spare-time browser developer.

Squish offers a versatile testing framework with a choice of popular
test scripting languages (Python, JavaScript and Tcl) extended by
test-specific functions, open interfaces, add-ons, integrations into
test management systems, a powerful productivity enhancing IDE aiding
the creation and debugging of tests and a set of command line tools
facilitating fully automated test runs.

Similar to pre-existing Squish editions, tests for Web applications
can be automatically recorded or written manually. Using Squish Spy,
verification and synchronization points can be inserted as easily as
in every other edition by visually exploring the structure of a Web
application.

Squish/Web is already in use at customers who have already been
testing other ports of their application using the respective Squish
edition for a while. Now they are able to utilize Squish to test the
Web version of their application.

"Squish has proven to be a light and robust solution that can be
deployed at a very reasonable cost. For this reason, last year, we
chose Squish to test our XView- and Qt-based flagship product
Kondor+.", said Thierry Duchamp, Head of Quality Assurance for Risk at
Reuters Financial Software, and adds "we decided to port exactly the
same approach and methodology to the rest of our product line: KGR,
Web Access and K+TP (Web based). For the test tool part, the new
Squish/Web now also offers the ability to test HTML/JS
applications. We are already using it and we are today able to reuse
scripts and test cases for the tests of the Web based
applications. Squish/Web shows the same quality level and features as
Squish/Qt and Squish/XView."

Squish/Web is now available. If you are interested in Squish/Web, or
any other Squish edition, please contact (e-mail address removed). For
more information, visit www.froglogic.com or view a Flash demo of
Squish/Web at http://www.froglogic.com/~download/demos/squish_web.

About froglogic

froglogic GmbH is a software company based in Hamburg, Germany. Their
flagship product is Squish, a professional automated testing tool for
GUI applications based on Qt, Tk or XView and for HTML-based web
applications running in different web browsers. froglogic also offers
Qt consultancy services and other Qt-based development tools such as
the Tcl/Tk/Qt migration framework Tq. More about froglogic at
http://www.froglogic.com.