    Installation:
    gem install fxri

    Martin Ankerl

    Martin Ankerl, Apr 16, 2005

  2. Martin Ankerl wrote:
    > I have just released fxri-0.3.1
    > http://rubyforge.org/projects/fxri/

    Hi, just got this error message:

    c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxri-0.3.1/./lib/fxirb.rb:229:in
    `onKeyPress': un
    defined method `history' for irb(main):001:0> s = Array.new (NoMethodError)
    => []
    irb(main):002:0> s.:FXIrb from
    c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxri-0.3.1/.
    /fxri:317:in `run'
    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxri-0.3.1/./fxri:317
    from c:/ruby/bin/fxri:18:in `load'
    from c:/ruby/bin/fxri:18

    When I pressed CTRL-DOWN in irb.

    Regards,

    Peter

    Peter C. Verhage, Apr 16, 2005

  3. > When I pressed CTRL-DOWN in irb.

    ops, thanks! please update to fxri-0.3.2 where I have fixed this.

    Martin

    Martin Ankerl, Apr 16, 2005
  4. Martin Ankerl wrote:
    > ops, thanks! please update to fxri-0.3.2 where I have fixed this.

    Thanks, works great!

    Small suggestion though, maybe you can use rubyw instead of ruby so that
    it can run independant of a console (command prompt) on Windows?

    Regards,

    Peter

    Peter C. Verhage, Apr 16, 2005
  5. > Small suggestion though, maybe you can use rubyw instead of ruby so that
    > it can run independant of a console (command prompt) on Windows?

    Is it possible to specify this for a rubygem?
    If you use the .tar.gz file, you can rename the file fxirb to fxirb.rbw,
    then you should not get a console window when you doubleclick it.

    Martin

    Martin Ankerl, Apr 16, 2005
  6. > If you use the .tar.gz file, you can rename the file fxirb to fxirb.rbw,

    sorry I ment fxri to fxri.rbw :)

    Martin Ankerl, Apr 16, 2005
  7. Martin Ankerl

    Jay Levitt Guest

    In article <4260aec8$0$79457$>,
    says...
    > I have just released fxri-0.3.1
    > http://rubyforge.org/projects/fxri/

    Suggestion: When you announce an update to a package, take advantage of
    this opportunity to inform the rest of us about it! Put a few lines
    saying what your package does.

    --
    Jay Levitt |
    Wellesley, MA | I feel calm. I feel ready. I can only

    Jay Levitt, Apr 16, 2005
  8. > Suggestion: When you announce an update to a package, take advantage of
    > this opportunity to inform the rest of us about it! Put a few lines
    > saying what your package does.

    Sorry, I really should have done this:

    FXRI is a FXRuby Interface to RI, that supports search-on-typing. FXRI
    is a small little program, that tries to provide the desired information
    as fast as possible. It also includes fxirb, an interactive ruby shell.

    martinus

    Martin Ankerl, Apr 17, 2005