[ANN] fxri 0.3.1

Peter C. Verhage

Martin said:

Hi, just got this error message:

c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxri-0.3.1/./lib/fxirb.rb:229:in
`onKeyPress': un
defined method `history' for irb(main):001:0> s = Array.new (NoMethodError)
=> []
irb(main):002:0> s.:FXIrb from
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxri-0.3.1/.
/fxri:317:in `run'
from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxri-0.3.1/./fxri:317
from c:/ruby/bin/fxri:18:in `load'
from c:/ruby/bin/fxri:18

When I pressed CTRL-DOWN in irb.

Regards,

Peter

Martin Ankerl

When I pressed CTRL-DOWN in irb.

ops, thanks! please update to fxri-0.3.2 where I have fixed this.

Martin

Peter C. Verhage

Martin said:
ops, thanks! please update to fxri-0.3.2 where I have fixed this.

Thanks, works great!

Small suggestion though, maybe you can use rubyw instead of ruby so that
it can run independant of a console (command prompt) on Windows?

Regards,

Peter

Martin Ankerl

Small suggestion though, maybe you can use rubyw instead of ruby so that
it can run independant of a console (command prompt) on Windows?

Is it possible to specify this for a rubygem?
If you use the .tar.gz file, you can rename the file fxirb to fxirb.rbw,
then you should not get a console window when you doubleclick it.

Martin

Martin Ankerl

If you use the .tar.gz file, you can rename the file fxirb to fxirb.rbw,

sorry I ment fxri to fxri.rbw :)

Martin Ankerl

Suggestion: When you announce an update to a package, take advantage of
this opportunity to inform the rest of us about it! Put a few lines
saying what your package does.

Sorry, I really should have done this:

FXRI is a FXRuby Interface to RI, that supports search-on-typing. FXRI
is a small little program, that tries to provide the desired information
as fast as possible. It also includes fxirb, an interactive ruby shell.

martinus