ANN: GDmodule 0.53 released

Chris Gonnerman

After an undeserved delay I have applied several patch sets to the
GDmodule. The new version, 0.53, is now available for download from

http://newcenturycomputers.net/projects/gdmodule.html

WHAT IS GDMODULE? From the web page:

The GDmodule is an interface to the GD library written by Thomas Boutell.

'gd is a graphics library. It allows your code to quickly draw images
complete with lines, arcs, text, multiple colors, cut and paste from
other images, and flood fills, and write out the result as a PNG or
JPEG file. This is particularly useful in World Wide Web applications,
where PNG and JPEG are two of the formats accepted for inline images by
most browsers.'

Questions, comments, etc. to:

(e-mail address removed)

-- Chris.

Chris Gonnerman

richard said:
Wow, it's been almost a *decade* since I first wrote that thing? My word...
Yeah, and there is still an active userbase. I get a patch or bug report
about every month. I still use it for things like creating web buttons.
I know PIL does TrueType fonts but I never seem to be able to find the
example code when I want it, and it's just so easy in GD.

-- Chris.