[ANN] GemsOnRuby v 0.0.0 (vaporware release / RFP)

Peter Fitzgibbons

Hello All,

I am pleased to announce the vaporware release of GemsOnRuby gem, currently
v. 0.0.0
This is a fork of Dr. Nic's GemsOnRails, indended for providing the same
gem-freezing functionality to a ruby application.
GemsOnRuby can be found in
GitHub<http://github.com/pjfitzgibbons/gemsonruby/tree>and is
available for
cloning <git://github.com/pjfitzgibbons/gemsonruby.git>.

"How can I help?", you say!!
Easy, vote +1 or -1 for futher development of this gem... and yes, please
identify existing gems on GitHub or RubyForge that demonstrate
freezing gems in a standard Ruby application.

Hope you all like the happy-programming vapo-action!!

Peter Fitzgibbons
(847) 687-7646
Email: (e-mail address removed)
IM GTalk: peter.fitzgibbons
IM Yahoo: pjfitzgibbons
IM MSN: (e-mail address removed)
IM AOL: (e-mail address removed)

Rados³aw Bu³at

Hello All,

I am pleased to announce the vaporware release of GemsOnRuby gem, current= ly
v. 0.0.0
This is a fork of Dr. Nic's GemsOnRails, indended for providing the same
gem-freezing functionality to a ruby application.
GemsOnRuby can be found in
GitHub<http://github.com/pjfitzgibbons/gemsonruby/tree>and is
available for
cloning <git://github.com/pjfitzgibbons/gemsonruby.git>.

"How can I help?", you say!!
Easy, vote +1 or -1 for futher development of this gem... and yes, please
identify existing gems on GitHub or RubyForge that demonstrate
freezing gems in a standard Ruby application.

How it is different from dr. Nic GemsOnRails project? I see only dr.
Nic commits there...

--=20
Pozdrawiam

Rados=B3aw Bu=B3at
http://radarek.jogger.pl - m=F3j blog

Peter Fitzgibbons

Being v. 0.0.0, I haven't actually changed anything from the fork. :)

GemsOnRails is tied and exclusively compatible with a Rails implementation.

GemsOnRuby will be able to be "easily :)" applied to a plain Ruby app
containing not-much-more than a main.rb (or other starting point) and a
/lib directory.

:)

Peter Fitzgibbons
(847) 687-7646
Email: (e-mail address removed)
IM GTalk: peter.fitzgibbons
IM Yahoo: pjfitzgibbons
IM MSN: (e-mail address removed)
IM AOL: (e-mail address removed)

Eric Hodel

This is a fork of Dr. Nic's GemsOnRails, indended for providing the
same
gem-freezing functionality to a ruby application.

How is this different than:

gem unpack gemname

Then adding the gemname-version/lib to $LOAD_PATH where appropriate.

Then checking in?