Ann: Generative XPath

Discussion in 'XML' started by Oleg Paraschenko, Jul 30, 2007.

  1. Hello,

    I've just realized I didn't announce Generative XPath:

    ``Generative XPath is an XPath 1.0 implementation, which can be
    adapted to different hierarchical memory structures and different
    programming languages. It is based on a small, easy to implement
    virtual machine, which is already available for different platforms,
    including plain C, Java and .NET.''

    XML Prague 2007 paper, slides, download:

    http://xmlhack.ru/protva/prague07-generative-xpath.pdf
    http://xmlhack.ru/protva/prague07-generative-xpath-slides.pdf
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=138946&package_id=235034

    Meanwhile, thanks a lot to the organizers of XML Prague 2007! It was a
    lovely experience to visit Prague and the event.

    Also, of some interest is a diploma work based on Generative XPath:
    ``XPath over S-expressions'' (alternative project name for general
    public was ``XLinq for Lisp''). Unfortunately, the text is available
    only in Russian:

    http://xmlhack.ru/protva/Xpath_over_Sexp.pdf

    But a small English readme file is available in the Generative XPath
    distribution package in the folder "ffi-sexp".

    --
    Oleg Parashchenko olpa@ http://xmlhack.ru/ XML news in Russian
    http://uucode.com/blog/ Generative Programming, XML, TeX, Scheme

    Oleg Paraschenko, Jul 30, 2007