[ANN] gmailer-0.0.2

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Park Heesob, Aug 20, 2005.

  1. Park Heesob

    Park Heesob Guest

    GMailer is a class for interface to Google's webmail service.

    It can fetch mails, save attachements, get cotact lists, invite someone
    or send message with file attachments. You can make GMail as an online
    backup system or as a virtual filesystem with this library.

    Now usage is very simple and compact like this:

    GMailer.connect(name,pwd) do |g|
    #fetch
    g.fetch:)label=>"my_label") {|snapshot|
    puts "Total # of conversations of my_label = " +
    snapshot.box_total.to_s
    }

    #get contact
    g.fetch:)contact=>"freq").each do |item|
    puts "Name: #{item['name']} Email: #{item['email']}"
    end

    #send
    g.send(
    :to => "",
    :subj => "Hello There!",
    :body => "Hi...\n\nBlah blah blah~...",
    :files => ["./test.txt"]
    )
    end

    Project:: http://rubyforge.org/projects/gmailutils/
    Bugs:: http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?group_id=869

    Regards,

    Park Heesob

    Park Heesob, Aug 20, 2005

  2. Re: gmailer-0.0.2

    Hi!

    Your library keeps getting cooler, the send() thing is especially
    interesting...

    I just wanted to add a note about
    naming_conventions() vs. namingConventions(). You could add

    def method_missing(sym, *args, &block)
    parts = sym.to_s.split("_"); throw NameError(sym) if parts.size < 2
    camel_case = parts[0]+(parts[1..-1].map(){|x| x.capitalize }).join()
    send(camel_case, *args, &block)
    end

    to the Gmailer class, and omit all aliases - it will autoforward
    messages named with _ to camelCased ones.
    (not sure if it is the RubyWay, though : )

    Konstantin Levinski, Aug 20, 2005

  3. Park Heesob

    James Britt Guest

    Park Heesob wrote:
    > GMailer is a class for interface to Google's webmail service.
    >
    > It can fetch mails, save attachements, get cotact lists, invite someone
    > or send message with file attachments. You can make GMail as an online
    > backup system or as a virtual filesystem with this library.
    >
    > Now usage is very simple and compact like this:
    >
    > GMailer.connect(name,pwd) do |g|
    > #fetch
    > g.fetch:)label=>"my_label") {|snapshot|
    > puts "Total # of conversations of my_label = " +
    > snapshot.box_total.to_s
    > }

    Very, very nice.

    Do you have an example of reading an actual mail message?

    Once I have a snapshot, how I get to individual mail?

    Thanks,

    James

    James Britt, Aug 24, 2005