[ANN] gnip-1.0.0 (http://gnip.com)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by ara.t.howard, Mar 27, 2009.

  1. ara.t.howard

    ara.t.howard Guest

    NOTE: i made a small mistake with an earlier release(0.4.2) - it has
    a bad dependancy (restclient vs rest-client) so please either wait for
    1.0.0 to propagate or, in the meantime, grab it directly from http://rubyforge.org/projects/gnip/

    NAME
    gnip

    SYNOPSIS
    gnip (config|ping|clock_drift|encode|decode|version|publisher|
    activity|notification|filter) [options]+

    DESCRIPTION
    gnip.rb is *the* clinically proven, most effective way, to keep
    your ruby
    codez on the pulse of the freaking interwebs. gnip.rb slings rest-fu
    around like mr.t slings suckas while rocking out to deep-house and
    pouring
    wine for the ladeez. gnip.rb brings you power and speed with a
    silkly
    smooth mixture of equal parts restclient, nokogiri, tagz, and
    threadify.
    sit back and let gnip.rb bring the very tastiest portions of the
    tubes
    down onto your very own hard drive for your dining pleasure.

    we have what you are looking for.

    PARAMETERS
    --username=[username], -U (0 ~> username)
    --password=[password], -P (0 ~> password)
    --scope=[scope], -S (0 ~> scope=gnip)
    --name=[name], -N (0 ~> name)
    --ago=[ago], -a (0 ~> integer(ago))
    --thru=[thru], -t (0 ~> thru)
    --bucket=[bucket], -b (0 ~> bucket)
    --filter=[filter], -f (0 ~> filter)
    --style=[style], -s (0 ~> style)
    --force=[force] (0 ~> boolean(force))
    --log=[log], -l (0 ~> log)
    --input=[input], -i (0 ~> input)
    --help, -h

    AUTHOR

    EXAMPLES
    @quick
    . sup on digg recently?
    gnip notification digg --ago=30 --thru=now

    . and twitter right now?
    gnip notification twitter

    . stalk someone on tumblr
    gnip filter rule create tumblr catch-him-in-the-act
    actor:boyfriend
    gnip activity digg --filter=catch-him-in-the-act --bucket=all

    @setup
    . dump the current gnip config
    gnip config

    . create a ~/.gnip.yml config file
    gnip config generate

    . ping gnip to verify your config
    gnip ping

    . show gnip clock shift from your local time
    gnip clock_drift

    @publisher
    . list gnip publishers
    gnip publisher list

    . list publishers in the /my scope
    gnip publisher list --scope=my

    . create a publisher name 'publisher-name' in the /my scope with
    actor and keyword rules
    gnip publisher create my-publisher actor keyword --scope=my

    . show a publisher by name
    gnip publisher show my-publisher

    . delete a publisher in the /my scope
    gnip publisher delete my-publisher --scope=my

    @activity | @notification
    . list the activity stream of a publisher
    gnip notification stream digg

    . list the activity of a publisher
    gnip notification list digg

    . list the activity of a publisher 10 minutes ago
    gnip notification list digg --ago=10

    . list all activity of a publisher starting 60-10 minutes
    (parallel requests)
    gnip notification list digg --ago=60 --thru=10

    . list all possible activity of a publisher
    gnip notification list digg --bucket=all

    . list the filtered activity of a publisher
    gnip activity list digg --filter=my-filter-name --ago=60 --
    thru=42

    @filter
    . create a publisher filter for two actors
    gnip filter create digg my-filter-name --full_data=true
    actor:mohadata actor:livefree12

    . create a publisher filter from a file full of many rules (same
    format as command-line, one per line)
    gnip filter create digg my-filter-name --input=file-full-of-
    rules.txt

    . append rules to an existing publisher filter
    gnip filter rule create digg my-filter-name actor:foobar
    actor:barfoo

    . append rules to an existing publisher filter in bulk
    gnip filter rule create digg my-filter-name --input=input

    . list a specific rule for a publisher's filter
    gnip filter rule list digg my-filter-name actor:livefree12

    . delete a specific rule from an existing publisher filter
    gnip filter rule delete digg my-filter-name actor:barfoo

    . list your filters on a publisher
    gnip filter list digg

    @publish
    . push a yml activity to a publisher
    gnip activity publish my-publisher ./sample/data/activity.yml
    --scope=my

    . scan for what you just posted (roughly)
    gnip activity list my-publisher --scope=my --ago=2 --thru=now

    @utility
    . encode data
    gnip encode 'some content'

    . decode data
    gnip encode 'some content' | gnip decode -

    . round trip data
    echo 'some content' | gnip encode - | gnip decode -

    LIBRARY
    see this program, samples/*, and test/**/**, for usage

    URI
    http://gnip.com

    INSTALL
    $sudo gem install gnip