[ANN] gnip-1.0.0 (http://gnip.com)

ara.t.howard

NOTE: i made a small mistake with an earlier release(0.4.2) - it has
a bad dependancy (restclient vs rest-client) so please either wait for
1.0.0 to propagate or, in the meantime, grab it directly from http://rubyforge.org/projects/gnip/

NAME
gnip

SYNOPSIS
gnip (config|ping|clock_drift|encode|decode|version|publisher|
activity|notification|filter) [options]+

DESCRIPTION
gnip.rb is *the* clinically proven, most effective way, to keep
your ruby
codez on the pulse of the freaking interwebs. gnip.rb slings rest-fu
around like mr.t slings suckas while rocking out to deep-house and
pouring
wine for the ladeez. gnip.rb brings you power and speed with a
silkly
smooth mixture of equal parts restclient, nokogiri, tagz, and
threadify.
sit back and let gnip.rb bring the very tastiest portions of the
tubes
down onto your very own hard drive for your dining pleasure.

we have what you are looking for.

PARAMETERS
--username=[username], -U (0 ~> username)
--password=[password], -P (0 ~> password)
--scope=[scope], -S (0 ~> scope=gnip)
--name=[name], -N (0 ~> name)
--ago=[ago], -a (0 ~> integer(ago))
--thru=[thru], -t (0 ~> thru)
--bucket=[bucket], -b (0 ~> bucket)
--filter=[filter], -f (0 ~> filter)
--style=[style], -s (0 ~> style)
--force=[force] (0 ~> boolean(force))
--log=[log], -l (0 ~> log)
--input=[input], -i (0 ~> input)
--help, -h

AUTHOR
(e-mail address removed)

EXAMPLES
@quick
. sup on digg recently?
gnip notification digg --ago=30 --thru=now

. and twitter right now?
gnip notification twitter

. stalk someone on tumblr
gnip filter rule create tumblr catch-him-in-the-act
actor:boyfriend
gnip activity digg --filter=catch-him-in-the-act --bucket=all

@setup
. dump the current gnip config
gnip config

. create a ~/.gnip.yml config file
gnip config generate

. ping gnip to verify your config
gnip ping

. show gnip clock shift from your local time
gnip clock_drift

@publisher
. list gnip publishers
gnip publisher list

. list publishers in the /my scope
gnip publisher list --scope=my

. create a publisher name 'publisher-name' in the /my scope with
actor and keyword rules
gnip publisher create my-publisher actor keyword --scope=my

. show a publisher by name
gnip publisher show my-publisher

. delete a publisher in the /my scope
gnip publisher delete my-publisher --scope=my

@activity | @notification
. list the activity stream of a publisher
gnip notification stream digg

. list the activity of a publisher
gnip notification list digg

. list the activity of a publisher 10 minutes ago
gnip notification list digg --ago=10

. list all activity of a publisher starting 60-10 minutes
(parallel requests)
gnip notification list digg --ago=60 --thru=10

. list all possible activity of a publisher
gnip notification list digg --bucket=all

. list the filtered activity of a publisher
gnip activity list digg --filter=my-filter-name --ago=60 --
thru=42

@filter
. create a publisher filter for two actors
gnip filter create digg my-filter-name --full_data=true
actor:mohadata actor:livefree12

. create a publisher filter from a file full of many rules (same
format as command-line, one per line)
gnip filter create digg my-filter-name --input=file-full-of-
rules.txt

. append rules to an existing publisher filter
gnip filter rule create digg my-filter-name actor:foobar
actor:barfoo

. append rules to an existing publisher filter in bulk
gnip filter rule create digg my-filter-name --input=input

. list a specific rule for a publisher's filter
gnip filter rule list digg my-filter-name actor:livefree12

. delete a specific rule from an existing publisher filter
gnip filter rule delete digg my-filter-name actor:barfoo

. list your filters on a publisher
gnip filter list digg

@publish
. push a yml activity to a publisher
gnip activity publish my-publisher ./sample/data/activity.yml
--scope=my

. scan for what you just posted (roughly)
gnip activity list my-publisher --scope=my --ago=2 --thru=now

@utility
. encode data
gnip encode 'some content'

. decode data
gnip encode 'some content' | gnip decode -

. round trip data
echo 'some content' | gnip encode - | gnip decode -

LIBRARY
see this program, samples/*, and test/**/**, for usage

URI
http://gnip.com

INSTALL
$sudo gem install gnip