ANN: Google custom search engine for Python

Gerard flanagan

What is it?
-----------

A Google custom search engine which targets only the following sites:

+ `The Hazel Tree <http://thehazeltree.org>`__
+ `The Python standard library docs <http://docs.python.org/lib>`__
+ `The Python wiki <http://wiki.python.org>`__
+ `Python Package Index <http://pypi.python.org/pypi>`__

Where can I access it?
----------------------

The home page of the search engine is here:

http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=002031040340806163079:nkigkp_irqk

As well as accessing it from its home page, you can link to it from your
own web sites, or add it as a gadget to your Google home page (if you
have one) - see the above link for details.

No ads
------

`The Hazel Tree <http://thehazeltree.org>`__ is a not-for-profit site
and no ads will appear in the search results.

Using refinements
-----------------

To refine the search to any of the individual sites, you can specify a
refinement using the following labels: stdlib, wiki, pypi, thehazeltree

So, to just search the python wiki, you would do:

somesearchterm more:wiki

and similarly:

somesearchterm more:stdlib
somesearchterm more:pypi
somesearchterm more:thehazeltree

About http://thehazeltree.org
it's useful to anyone, it's all yours (and a link back to
http://thehazeltree.org would be appreciated).

Cheers,

G.