[ANN] Gotham Ruby Conference Call For Proposals

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Josh Knowles, Apr 5, 2011.

  1. Josh Knowles

    Josh Knowles Guest

    The Gotham Ruby Conference (GoRuCo), a one-day, single-track event in New
    York City, is now accepting proposal papers. GoRuCo will be held on
    Saturday, June 4th, 2011 on the Manhattan campus of Pace University.

    GoRuCo is a technical conference aimed at highly motivated programmers
    interested in all things Ruby. You=92ll spend the day among leading Rubyist=
    s,
    innovators and developers in New York City. Past topics have ranged from
    pragmatic new approaches to design and testing, to pioneering language
    application and far-reaching abstractions.

    We will have around six slots, depending on the quantity and quality of the
    proposals we receive.

    *Speakers*

    The majority of the day=92s content will be individual talks. Our speakers
    will receive:

    - Free attendance to the event.
    - A $300 honorarium.
    - A $600 travel reimbursement if you live outside of the tri-state
    region.

    Talks should be at most 40 minutes long, including time for questions and
    discussion.

    (Presentations may be given by more than one person, but multiple speakers
    will split the honorarium and travel reimbursement.)

    *Local speakers*

    GoRuCo believes in highlighting local talent. We reserve at least two slots
    for local speakers. Individual talks will be considered local if at least
    half of the speakers are from the tri-state region=96that is, within typica=
    commuting distance of Manhattan. In the past, these slots have been less
    competitive than the other talk slots, so if you live in the tri-state
    region we strongly urge you to submit a proposal.

    *Video*

    We will be videotaping all the talks, and making this video freely availabl=
    online under a Creative Commons license. You should be okay with this if yo=
    are submitting a talk.

    *How to submit*

    Please submit all proposals at
    http://goruco.wufoo.com/forms/goruco-2011-call-for-proposals/ by 11:59:59.0
    PM ET on April 15th, 2011.

    If you have any questions about the proposal process or other conference
    related questions, please email . For more information about
    the conference itself, check the conference website (http://www.goruco.com)
    or follow @goruco <http://twitter.com/goruco> on Twitter for updates.

    Josh Knowles, Apr 5, 2011