[ANN] Gotham Ruby Conference Call For Proposals

Josh Knowles

The Gotham Ruby Conference (GoRuCo), a one-day, single-track event in New
York City, is now accepting proposal papers. GoRuCo will be held on
Saturday, June 4th, 2011 on the Manhattan campus of Pace University.

GoRuCo is a technical conference aimed at highly motivated programmers
interested in all things Ruby. You=92ll spend the day among leading Rubyist=
s,
innovators and developers in New York City. Past topics have ranged from
pragmatic new approaches to design and testing, to pioneering language
application and far-reaching abstractions.

We will have around six slots, depending on the quantity and quality of the
proposals we receive.

*Speakers*

The majority of the day=92s content will be individual talks. Our speakers
will receive:

- Free attendance to the event.
- A $300 honorarium.
- A $600 travel reimbursement if you live outside of the tri-state
region.

Talks should be at most 40 minutes long, including time for questions and
discussion.

(Presentations may be given by more than one person, but multiple speakers
will split the honorarium and travel reimbursement.)

*Local speakers*

GoRuCo believes in highlighting local talent. We reserve at least two slots
for local speakers. Individual talks will be considered local if at least
half of the speakers are from the tri-state region=96that is, within typica=
commuting distance of Manhattan. In the past, these slots have been less
competitive than the other talk slots, so if you live in the tri-state
region we strongly urge you to submit a proposal.

*Video*

We will be videotaping all the talks, and making this video freely availabl=
online under a Creative Commons license. You should be okay with this if yo=
are submitting a talk.

*How to submit*

Please submit all proposals at
http://goruco.wufoo.com/forms/goruco-2011-call-for-proposals/ by 11:59:59.0
PM ET on April 15th, 2011.

If you have any questions about the proposal process or other conference
related questions, please email (e-mail address removed). For more information about
the conference itself, check the conference website (http://www.goruco.com)
or follow @goruco <http://twitter.com/goruco> on Twitter for updates.