ANN: gozerbot 0.7 released

bthate

it time for a new gozerbot release ! we made a 0.7 release of
gozerbot.

new in gozerbot 0.7:

* we have a new developer on the team .. Wijnand 'tehmaze'
Modderman he contributed most of the new work in this release.
copyright on tehmaze's work is BSD
* new plugins: rest, lag, nickserv, snarf, tinyurl, umode, popcon,
job
* udp messaging can now be encrypted
* remote installable plugins are now signed .. this means gnupg is
required to install these plugins
* new plugin site: http://plugins.gozerbot.org
* gozerbot now has it own popularity contest webpage .. see
http://plugins.gozerbot.org/popcon
* new periodical class for easy scheduling of jobs
* new bugtracker site: http://dev.gozerbot.org

the new release can be downloaded from the following resources:

* http://gozerbot.org/
* http://code.google.com/p/gozerbot
* debian users can install the bot from sid/unstable

Ben Finney

bthate said:
it time for a new gozerbot release ! we made a 0.7 release of
gozerbot.

When announcing a new release, please include a brief "What is
gozerbot?" explanation section so that readers can know whether the
announcement is of interest.

bthate

--
\ "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" "Well, I think |
`\ so, Brain, but first you'd have to take that whole bridge |

sorry forgot about it ;] will do so the next time.

Bart

bthate

here is the about:

gozerbot is a Python IRC and Jabber bot
Requirements

* a shell
* python 2.4 or higher
* if you want to remotely install plugins: the gnupg module
* if you want mysql support: the py-MySQLdb module
* if you want jabber support: the xmpppy module

Why gozerbot?

* user management by userhost .. bot will not respond if it
doesn't know you (see /docs/USER/)
* fleet .. use more than one bot in a program (list of bots) (see /
docs/FLEET/)
* use the bot through dcc chat .. partyline
* fetch rss feeds (see /docs/RSS/)
* keep todo and shop lists
* karma
* quote
* remember items
* relaying between bots (see /docs/RELAY/)
* program your own plugins (see /docs/PROGRAMPLUGIN/)
* run the builtin webserver (see /docs/WEBSERVER/)
* query other bots webserver via irc (see /docs/COLLECTIVE/)
* other stuff