[ANN] Harmonium -- A distributed hash table implementation for Ruby

Dido Sevilla

Some people have expressed interest in a distributed hash table
implementation for Ruby, and as it turns out, I had been working on
such a thing. Well, it's now on RubyForge if you'd like to experiment
with it. As of now, it's a fairly basic implementation of the MIT
Chord protocol (hence the name of the project) running off distributed
Ruby. If you'd like to try it out, get the out code from CVS for the
project on RubyForge.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/harmonium/

For more information on the distributed hashing protocol used, visit this site:

http://pdos.lcs.mit.edu/chord/