[ANN] heel 0.5.0 Released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Jeremy Hinegardner, Nov 20, 2007.

  1. heel version 0.5.0 has been released.

    http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/heel/

    Heel is a mongrel based web server to quickly and easily serve up the contents
    of a directory as webpages. And to make things even easier it launches your
    browser for you so no cut and paste necessary.

    Beyond just serving up webpages, heel uses an ERB template and famfamfam icons
    to create useful index pages. It also performas syntax highlighting on source
    code files using coderay.

    {{ Changelog for Version 0.5.0 }}

    == Version 0.5.0 - 2007-11-19

    * Add in code highlighting support via coderay
    * extract CSS files to a resource
    * increase test coverage
    * add in additional error condition reporting

    http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/heel/

    enjoy,

    -jeremy

    Jeremy Hinegardner

    Jeremy Hinegardner, Nov 20, 2007

  2. Jeremy Hinegardner wrote:
    > And to make things even easier it launches your
    > browser for you

    Is this behavior available separately? I had been thinking
    of making a GEM for it to use with local-only Camping apps.
    It should open a new tab on an existing browser if possible.

    I have C code fragments for Unix (Netscape X-properties API),
    Windows (several forms) and Msc OS/X, but haven't integrated
    them under one API.

    Clifford Heath.

    Clifford Heath, Nov 21, 2007

  3. Jeremy Hinegardner

    Trans Guest

    Re: heel 0.5.0 Released

    On Nov 20, 7:05 pm, Clifford Heath <> wrote:
    > Jeremy Hinegardner wrote:
    > > And to make things even easier it launches your
    > > browser for you

    > Is this behavior available separately? I had been thinking
    > of making a GEM for it to use with local-only Camping apps.
    > It should open a new tab on an existing browser if possible.
    >
    > I have C code fragments for Unix (Netscape X-properties API),
    > Windows (several forms) and Msc OS/X, but haven't integrated
    > them under one API.

    Launchy.

    Speaking of which, Jeremy, what's the status of that?

    T.

    Trans, Nov 21, 2007
  4. Re: heel 0.5.0 Released

    On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 11:36:43AM +0900, Trans wrote:

    > On Nov 20, 7:05 pm, Clifford Heath <> wrote:
    > > Jeremy Hinegardner wrote:
    > > > And to make things even easier it launches your
    > > > browser for you

    > > Is this behavior available separately? I had been thinking
    > > of making a GEM for it to use with local-only Camping apps.
    > > It should open a new tab on an existing browser if possible.
    > >
    > > I have C code fragments for Unix (Netscape X-properties API),
    > > Windows (several forms) and Msc OS/X, but haven't integrated
    > > them under one API.

    > Launchy.
    >
    > Speaking of which, Jeremy, what's the status of that?

    Searching for the time to rewrite the guts so that it can support more
    than just browsers for now. I may get to some of it this weekend.

    enjoy,

    -jeremy

    Jeremy Hinegardner

    Jeremy Hinegardner, Nov 22, 2007
  5. On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 09:05:00AM +0900, Clifford Heath wrote:
    > Jeremy Hinegardner wrote:
    >> And to make things even easier it launches your
    >> browser for you

    > Is this behavior available separately? I had been thinking
    > of making a GEM for it to use with local-only Camping apps.
    > It should open a new tab on an existing browser if possible.
    > I have C code fragments for Unix (Netscape X-properties API),
    > Windows (several forms) and Msc OS/X, but haven't integrated
    > them under one API.

    gem install launchy

    Currently it only supports launching browsers. That will be changing in
    the near future.

    enjoy,

    -jeremy

    Jeremy Hinegardner