[ANN] heel 2.0.0 Released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Jeremy Hinegardner, Jun 28, 2009.

  1. heel version 2.0.0 has been released.

    http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/heel/

    Heel is a small static web server for use when you need a quick web server for a
    directory. Once the server is running, heel will use launchy to open the URL of
    your document root.

    Heel is built using Rack and Thin

    % heel
    >> Thin web server (v1.2.2 codename I Find Your Lack of Sauce Disturbing)
    >> Maximum connections set to 1024
    >> Listening on 0.0.0.0:4331, CTRL+C to stop

    Launching your browser...

    Or run it in the background

    % heel --daemonize
    Created /Users/jeremy/.heel
    heel's PID (/Users/jeremy/.heel/heel.pid) and log file (/Users/jeremy/.heel/heel.log) are stored here
    Launching your browser at http://0.0.0.0:4331/

    % heel --kill
    Sending TERM to process 3304
    Done.

    {{ Release notes for Version 2.0.0 }}

    * Change highlighting mode default to 'off' instead of 'on'
    * Update for Thin 1.2.2

    http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/heel/

    Jeremy Hinegardner
    Jeremy Hinegardner, Jun 28, 2009