[ANN] HighLine 1.5.1 - Now with Ruby 1.9 support!

Gregory Brown

Hi folks,

I'm happy to announce that HighLine should now be Ruby 1.9.1 as of
version 1.5.1.
compatible. =A0 Please let us know if you run into problems!

What is HighLine?
-----------------

(from the README)

HighLine was designed to ease the tedious tasks of doing console
input and output with low-level methods like gets() and puts().
HighLine provides a robust system for requesting data from a user,
without needing to code all the error checking and validation rules
and without needing to convert the typed Strings into what your
program really needs. =A0Just tell HighLine what you're after, and let
it do all the work.

What's new in this release?
---------------------------

(highlights from the CHANGELOG)

* Fixed the long standing echo true bug.
=A0(reported by Lauri Tuominen)
* Improved Windows API calls to support the redirection of STDIN.
=A0(patch by Aaron Simmons)
* Updated gem specification to avoid a deprecated call.
* Made a minor documentation clarification about character mode support.
* Worked around some API changes in Ruby's standard library in Ruby 1.9.
=A0(patch by Jake Benilov)

Where can I learn more?
-----------------------

HighLine is hosted on RubyForge, with source on Github

Project page: =A0 http://rubyforge.org/projects/highline/
Source: http://github.com/jeg2/highline
Documentation: =A0http://highline.rubyforge.org/
Downloads: =A0 =A0 =A0http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=3D683

How do I get HighLine?
----------------------

HighLine is a gem, so as long as you have RubyGems installed it's as
simple as:

$ sudo gem install highline

Our Thanks!
-----------

We want to thank the folks who helped make this release possible:

Lauri Tuominen
Aaron Simmons
Jake Benilov

Thanks so much for the feedback, patches, and bug reports!

Gregory Brown (on behalf of James Edward Gray II)

Gregory Brown

Hi folks,

I'm happy to announce that HighLine should now be Ruby 1.9.1 as of
version 1.5.1.
compatible. =A0 Please let us know if you run into problems!

(Ruby 1.9.1 compatible as of HighLine v. 1.5.1, sorry for mangled wording)