    Github page: http://github.com/ileitch/hijack

    Hope someone finds it useful!

    Cheers

    Ian Leitch, Jul 10, 2009

  2. Great. Could you tell me what's the difference from live-console?

    Marcin Raczkowski, Jul 10, 2009

  3. Ian Leitch

    Roger Pack Guest

    Roger Pack, Jul 12, 2009
  4. Ian Leitch

    Ian Leitch Guest

    Re: Hijack: Connect to an existing process with irb

    I've just changed Hijack so that you can hijack any Ruby process - no need
    for your target process to require any code before it can be hijacked. It
    does this by first injecting a payload using gdb, then it signals the
    process to start up a DRb server which the hijack client then connects to.

    This should make it a lot more useful as most people probably wouldn't think
    about using something like LiveConsole until a problem is known.. at which
    point you have to enable LiveConsole in your app, restart it and then wait
    for the problem to arise again.

    The code is very new and fragile but it'd be great to get some feedback!

    Ian Leitch, Jul 14, 2009