[ANN] Hijack: Connect to an existing process with irb

Ian Leitch

My new project 'Hijack' is pretty much useable now. It lets you connect to
an already running ruby process and interact with it using irb as if it were
a normal irb session.

I'm sure the benefits of this are pretty obvious :)

Github page: http://github.com/ileitch/hijack

Hope someone finds it useful!

Cheers

Ian Leitch

I've just changed Hijack so that you can hijack any Ruby process - no need
for your target process to require any code before it can be hijacked. It
does this by first injecting a payload using gdb, then it signals the
process to start up a DRb server which the hijack client then connects to.

This should make it a lot more useful as most people probably wouldn't think
about using something like LiveConsole until a problem is known.. at which
point you have to enable LiveConsole in your app, restart it and then wait
for the problem to arise again.

The code is very new and fragile but it'd be great to get some feedback!