[ANN] hoe 1.1.4 Released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ryan Davis, Nov 13, 2006.

  1. Ryan Davis

    Ryan Davis Guest

    hoe version 1.1.4 has been released!

    http://rubyforge.org/projects/seattlerb/
    http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/hoe/

    Hoe is a simple rake/rubygems helper for project Rakefiles. It
    generates all the usual tasks for projects including rdoc generation,
    testing, packaging, and deployment.

    Tasks Provided:

    * announce - Generate email announcement file and post to
    rubyforge.
    * audit - Run ZenTest against the package
    * check_manifest - Verify the manifest
    * clean - Clean up all the extras
    * debug_gem - Show information about the gem.
    * default - Run the default tasks
    * docs - Build the docs HTML Files
    * email - Generate email announcement file.
    * install - Install the package. Uses PREFIX and RUBYLIB
    * install_gem - Install the package as a gem
    * multi - Run the test suite using multiruby
    * package - Build all the packages
    * post_news - Post announcement to rubyforge.
    * publish_docs - Publish RDoc to RubyForge
    * release - Package and upload the release to rubyforge.
    * ridocs - Generate ri locally for testing
    * test - Run the test suite. Use FILTER to add to the
    command line.
    * test_deps - Show which test files fail when run alone.
    * uninstall - Uninstall the package.

    See class rdoc for help. Hint: ri Hoe

    Changes:

    = 1.1.4 2006-11-12

    * Added need_tar and need_zip to customize package requirements.
    Stupid windoze.
    * Extended spec_extras to take procs as values. Passes in named
    parameter.
    * Removed test from require_paths. I thought I already parameterized
    this. :/

    Ryan Davis, Nov 13, 2006

  2. I just tried to use hoe for the first time. Or, rather, sow. Running
    sow gave me this:

    /usr/bin/env: ruby -ws: No such file or directory

    Modifying /usr/bin/sow to change the shebang line to:

    /usr/bin/ruby -ws

    allowed it to work fine.

    -Stephen

    --
    Stephen Duncan Jr
    www.stephenduncanjr.com
    Stephen Duncan, Nov 13, 2006

  3. Ryan Davis

    Ryan Davis Guest

    On Nov 13, 2006, at 6:34 AM, Stephen Duncan wrote:

    > I just tried to use hoe for the first time. Or, rather, sow. Running
    > sow gave me this:
    >
    > /usr/bin/env: ruby -ws: No such file or directory
    >
    > Modifying /usr/bin/sow to change the shebang line to:
    >
    > /usr/bin/ruby -ws
    >
    > allowed it to work fine.

    As I've said before, this is a TERRIBLE forum to report problems like
    this. PLEASE file a bug on rubyforge.
    Ryan Davis, Nov 13, 2006