[ANN] hoe 1.5.2 (and 1.5.3) Released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ryan Davis, May 21, 2008.

  1. Ryan Davis

    Ryan Davis Guest

    hoe version 1.5.2 has been released! Also, I suck. 1.5.3 has been
    released.

    * <http://rubyforge.org/projects/seattlerb/>
    * <http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/hoe/>
    * <>

    Hoe is a simple rake/rubygems helper for project Rakefiles. It
    generates all the usual tasks for projects including rdoc generation,
    testing, packaging, and deployment.

    Tasks Provided:

    * announce - Create news email file and post to rubyforge.
    * audit - Run ZenTest against the package.
    * check_manifest - Verify the manifest.
    * clean - Clean up all the extras.
    * config_hoe - Create a fresh ~/.hoerc file.
    * debug_gem - Show information about the gem.
    * default - Run the default tasks.
    * docs - Build the docs HTML Files
    * email - Generate email announcement file.
    * gem - Build the gem file hoe-1.5.0.gem
    * generate_key - Generate a key for signing your gems.
    * install_gem - Install the package as a gem.
    * multi - Run the test suite using multiruby.
    * package - Build all the packages
    * post_blog - Post announcement to blog.
    * post_news - Post announcement to rubyforge.
    * publish_docs - Publish RDoc to RubyForge.
    * release - Package and upload the release to rubyforge.
    * ridocs - Generate ri locally for testing.
    * test - Run the test suite.
    * test_deps - Show which test files fail when run alone.

    See class rdoc for help. Hint: ri Hoe

    Changes:

    ### 1.5.2 / 2008-05-20

    * 4 Minor Enhancements:

    * Added multiruby_skip attribute for 'rake multi' version
    invalidation.
    * Improved error messages when files are missing.
    * Added rubygems post_install_message accessor. Thanks to Dr. Nic.
    * Cleaned up alternative_name... I didn't get it.

    * 1 Bug Fix:

    * Removed require of rake/contrib/sshpublisher to fix 1.9.

    ### 1.5.3 / 2008-05-20

    * 1 Bug Fix

    * hoe really really needs better tests. I suck. :/

    Ryan Davis, May 21, 2008