[ANN] hoe 2.1.0 Released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ryan Davis, Jun 15, 2009.

  1. Ryan Davis

    Ryan Davis Guest

    hoe version 2.1.0 has been released!

    * <http://rubyforge.org/projects/seattlerb/>
    * <http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/hoe/>
    * <>

    Hoe is a rake/rubygems helper for project Rakefiles. It helps generate
    rubygems and includes a dynamic plug-in system allowing for easy
    extensibility. Hoe ships with plug-ins for all your usual project
    tasks including rdoc generation, testing, packaging, and deployment.

    Plug-ins Provided:

    * Hoe::Clean
    * Hoe::Debug
    * Hoe::Deps
    * Hoe::Flay
    * Hoe::Flog
    * Hoe::Inline
    * Hoe::package
    * Hoe::publish
    * Hoe::RCov
    * Hoe::Signing
    * Hoe::Test

    See class rdoc for help. Hint: ri Hoe

    Changes:

    ### 2.1.0 / 2009-06-14

    * 6 minor enhancements:

    * Added File::read_utf to strip out UTF BOM marker. Fixes nokogiri.
    (tenderlove)
    * Now using the minitest plugin.
    * Refactored :release task to facilitate other plugins.
    * Version intuiting now only bombs on packaging, allowing
    check_manifest.
    * release now has prerelease, postrelease deps.

    * 1 bug fix:

    * Fixed version intuiting to allow for beta versions (eg,
    1.2.3.beta.4)

    Ryan Davis, Jun 15, 2009

  2. Ryan Davis

    Raj Singh Guest

    Re: hoe 2.1.0 Released

    I am trying to publish a gem using hoe 2.1.0 and I am running into
    following error.

    > rake release VERSION=0.0.4

    (in /Users/nkumar/dev/working/javascript_lab)
    ** README.markdown is missing or in the wrong format for auto-intuiting.
    run `sow blah` and look at its text files
    rm -r doc
    rm -r pkg
    mkdir -p pkg
    cd pkg
    tar zcvf javascript_lab-0.0.4.tgz javascript_lab-0.0.4
    tar: javascript_lab-0.0.4: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
    rake aborted!
    Command failed with status (2): [tar zcvf javascript_lab-0.0.4.tgz
    javascri...]

    You can look at the source code at
    http://github.com/neerajdotname/javascript_lab/tree/master

    I published it as a gem on github and it works fine. sudo gem install
    neerajdotname-javascript_lab .

    This is what I did to attempt to publish this gem to rubyforge.

    rubyforge login
    rubyforge config. rubyforge config
    rake release VERSION=0.0.4

    How do I create a directory called javascript_lab-0.0.4 which 'rake
    release' is looking for. Looks like I missed a step.

    Thanks
    - Raj

    * Also on hoe I could not find a way to mention that javascript_lab is
    an executable. So I had to hand write the .gemspec.

    Raj Singh, Jun 15, 2009