[ANN] Holy Telephony Batman! It's Batphone 0.1.0

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Hans Fugal, Mar 1, 2007.

  1. Hans Fugal

    Hans Fugal Guest

    Does the world need yet another Ruby Asterisk Gateway Interface library?
    Does the world need a guy who dresses up like a bat?

    I was not satisfied with the complexity and learning curve of existing
    AGI libraries for Ruby, so rather than spend an hour learning one of
    them I spent several hours writing my own. I hope this pays off in the
    future when it only takes me 5 minutes to remember/relearn how to use
    batphone. It was fun, anyway. That's the point, isn't it? That's why
    Batman does it. Not for the citizens of Gotham, but because it's fun.

    Here's a synopsis:

    #!/usr/bin/ruby
    require 'agi'

    agi = AGI.new
    agi.answer
    agi.stream_file('batman_help_the_monkeys_are_everywhere', nil)
    begin
    # press pound to make them stop!
    r = agi.stream_file('tt-monkeys', '#')
    end while r.result != ?#
    agi.stream_file('POW', nil)
    agi.hangup

    Here's the URLs:

    Documentation: http://hans.fugal.net/src/batphone/doc/files/README.html
    Download: http://hans.fugal.net/src/batphone/batphone-0.1.0.tar.gz

    POW!
    Hans Fugal, Mar 1, 2007

  2. Hans Fugal

    Guest

    On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Hans Fugal wrote:

    > Does the world need yet another Ruby Asterisk Gateway Interface library? Does
    > the world need a guy who dresses up like a bat?

    i do, thanks!

    -a
    - the dalai lama
    , Mar 1, 2007