[ANN] HookR version 1.0.0 released

Avdi Grimm

HookR version 1.0.0
by Avdi Grimm
http://hookr.rubyforge.org

== DESCRIPTION

HookR is a publish/subscribe callback hook facility for Ruby.

== CHANGES

* 1 major enhancement
* Birthday!

== SYNOPSIS:

require 'rubygems'
require 'hookr'

class ZeroWing
include HookR::Hooks
define_hook :we_get_signal, :message

def start_game
execute_hook:)we_get_signal, "How are you gentlemen?")
end

def bomb(event, message)
puts "somebody set us up the bomb!"
end

we_get_signal do |event, message|
puts "Main screen turn on!"
puts "Cats: #{message}"
end

we_get_signal :bomb

end

zw = ZeroWing.new
zw.we_get_signal do
puts "Take off every zig!"
end

zw.start_game
# >> Main screen turn on!
# >> Cats: How are you gentlemen?
# >> somebody set us up the bomb!
# >> Take off every zig!

--
Avdi

Home: http://avdi.org
Twitter: http://twitter.com/avdi
Journal: http://avdi.livejournal.com

James Gray

== DESCRIPTION

HookR is a publish/subscribe callback hook facility for Ruby.

Great project name. The jokes on the site alone are worth it. :)

Seriously, it's a great idea too. I wish we would see things like
ActiveRecord's finder system move to something like this, instead of
just encouraging all plugins to alias and rewrite. Nice work.

James Edward Gray II

Gregory Brown

HookR version 1.0.0
by Avdi Grimm
http://hookr.rubyforge.org

== DESCRIPTION

HookR is a publish/subscribe callback hook facility for Ruby.

Just had fun playing with this. However, it seems that HookR doesn't
specify its gem dependencies which makes it a bit of a pain to install
via RubyGems, and then requires its development dependencies to be
installed (such as cucumber) for it to run.

Thanks for this project, it's neat stuff!

-greg

Avdi Grimm

Just had fun playing with this. However, it seems that HookR doesn't
specify its gem dependencies which makes it a bit of a pain to install
via RubyGems, and then requires its development dependencies to be
installed (such as cucumber) for it to run.

Oops. I'll fix this ASAP. Also, Cucumber shouldn't be needed at all
- I think that might be part of the elaborate developer dependency
network introduced by Newgem, which I used to create the FailFast gem.
That's part of the reason I switched to using Mr. Bones when I made
HookR into a Gem.