[ANN] Instant Rails 1.4 final released (with RadRails support!)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Curt Hibbs, Oct 9, 2006.

  1. Curt Hibbs

    Curt Hibbs Guest

    This is the final release for Instant Rails 1.4. It corrects the two
    known problems with the preview1 release (two help menu items
    caused Instant Rails to crash). Instant Rails 1.4 contains the following
    major changes:

    * Upgrades Rails to version 1.1.6
    (other components upgraded to current release, also)

    * SCGI has been replaced by Mongrel (using Apache's
    mod_proxy for forward requests).

    * For the development server, WEBrick has also been
    replaced by Mongrel.

    * Automatic RadRails configuration: if your choose
    your Instant Rails "rails_apps" subdirectory as
    your workspace, then all of the RadRails paths
    (to ruby, rake, ri, rdoc, etc.) will be automatically
    set.

    Known Problems
    --------------

    There are two known problems: If you select the menu items
    "Help > Getting Started" or "Help > Release Notes", Instant
    Rails will crash. For the time being, you can read these two
    topics from the web site:

    http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/

    Instant Rails includes a number of open source software
    packages. Below is a list of all included software in
    Instant Rails 1.4.

    Primary Instant Rails Components

    * Instant Rails Manager 1.4

    * Ruby 1.8.5 (from the One-Click Ruby Installer 1.8.5-21)

    * Ruby on Rails 1.1.6

    * Apache 1.3.33

    * MySQL 4.1.9

    * MySQL/Ruby 2.7 (native driver)

    * Mongrel 0.3.13.3

    * phpMyAdmin 2.6.1

    Preinstalled Sample Apps

    * Cookbook app from (ONLamp.com article)

    * Typo 2.6.0

    Ancillary Instant Rails Components

    These components are not the primary focus of Instant Rails,
    but are included because the primary components above depend
    upon them.

    * PHP 4.3.10

    * Rake 0.7.1

    * cmdparse 2.0.0

    * HighLine 1.0.1
    Curt Hibbs, Oct 9, 2006

  2. Curt Hibbs

    Curt Hibbs Guest

    In this announcement, I forgot to delete the section "Known Problems".
    Those problems have been fixed, so please ignore that statement.

    Thanks,
    Curt

    Curt Hibbs, Oct 9, 2006

  3. Curt Hibbs

    Curt Hibbs Guest

    Ahh... thanks for reminding me. You can find the upgrade instructions here:

    http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?How_To_Upgrade

    Curt Hibbs, Oct 9, 2006
  4. Curt Hibbs

    Curt Hibbs Guest