[ANN] January Phoenix Ruby User Group Meeting

James Britt

January '09 Phoenix Ruby User Group Meeting

Date: Monday, January 12, 2008
Time: 6:30 pm - at Happy Camper Studios offices
(But come for pizza at 6pm!)
Place: Happy Camper Studios
4643 E. Thomas Rd. Suite #3
Phoenix, AZ 85018

See http://www.rubyaz.org for details

Topics:

* There will be pizza! Please RSVP.

HCS will be offering pizza before the meeting (~6:00pm), but we need to
know how many people to expect, and roughly what sort of pizza to get.

Please RSVP to (e-mail address removed), or at upcoming.org:

http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/1452676/?ps=6

* Building and selling a desktop Ruby application: a JotBot review

Yes, you can write and sell cross-platform commercial desktop Ruby
applications. The recently released JotBot is proof.

David Koontz of Happy Camper Studios will give a review of what worked,
what didn’t, and lessons learned in bringing a Ruby desktop application
to the market.

* The state of Ruby in the Phoenix metro area

Let’s kick off 2009 by exchanging what we are doing now and want do in
the new year. If you’re part of a company doing Ruby development, come
let everyone know how it’s going and what you expect in the months ahead.

If you’re an independent Rubyist or just doing in your free time, share
what you hope to accomplish in 2009.

The Phoenix Ruby Users Group meets at 6:30pm on the second Monday of
each month, barring holidays.

Information may be found at www.rubyaz.org.

Thanks,

--