[ANN] January Phoenix Ruby Users Group meeting

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by James Britt, Jan 8, 2007.

  1. James Britt

    James Britt Guest

    What: The January Phoenix Ruby Users Group meeting
    When: Monday, January 8, at 6:15pm,
    Where: Axway (formerly known as Cyclone Commerce)

    Please see

    http://www.rubyaz.org/groups/prug/

    for a map and directions

    Topic: Ruby and Amazon Web Services examples, plus whatever other stuff

    Next month we're having Mike Culver from Amazon Web Services come give a
    special presentation on Amazon's Simple Storage, Elastic Cloud
    Computing, and other neatness from AWS. In preparation, I (James)
    will demo some Ruby tools for AWS.

    If anyone else has any topics or code that they would like to present,
    please let me know, or just come prepared and show it.

    Important note: The plans for the February meeting have been revised.
    We're still having a speaker from Amazon Web Services, but we'll be
    meeting on our usual day: second Monday of the month; February 12.

    --
    James Britt

    "You harmonize; then you customize."
    - Wilson Pickett

    James Britt, Jan 8, 2007

  2. James Britt wrote:
    > What: The January Phoenix Ruby Users Group meeting
    > When: Monday, January 8, at 6:15pm,
    > Where: Axway (formerly known as Cyclone Commerce)
    >
    > Please see
    >
    > http://www.rubyaz.org/groups/prug/
    >
    > for a map and directions
    >
    > Topic: Ruby and Amazon Web Services examples, plus whatever other stuff
    >
    > Next month we're having Mike Culver from Amazon Web Services come give
    > a special presentation on Amazon's Simple Storage, Elastic Cloud
    > Computing, and other neatness from AWS. In preparation, I (James)
    > will demo some Ruby tools for AWS.
    >
    > If anyone else has any topics or code that they would like to present,
    > please let me know, or just come prepared and show it.
    >

    > Important note: The plans for the February meeting have been revised.
    > We're still having a speaker from Amazon Web Services, but we'll be
    > meeting on our usual day: second Monday of the month; February 12.

    For the benefit of non-Phoenix Rubyists interested in AWS, will this be
    available on the Web?

    http://borasky-research.blogspot.com/

    M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, Jan 8, 2007

  3. James Britt

    James Britt Guest

    M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
    > James Britt wrote:

    >> Important note: The plans for the February meeting have been revised.
    >> We're still having a speaker from Amazon Web Services, but we'll be
    >> meeting on our usual day: second Monday of the month; February 12.

    > For the benefit of non-Phoenix Rubyists interested in AWS, will this be
    > available on the Web?

    Doubtful. I know of no plans to record this in any way.

    But: Folks from Amazon Web Services are available to come to your own
    local meeting. (That's what they do. Seems like a pretty cool job!)

    You can see their schedule here:

    http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2006/12/evangelists_on_.html

    (Though, on inspection, I see that it is out of date with regard to the
    Phoenix meeting. But close enough.)

    That post has an E-mail address where you can inquire into having
    someone come to your group.

    --
    James Britt

    "In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly
    universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by
    uncertainty cannot be the truth."
    - R. Feynman

    James Britt, Jan 8, 2007