[ANN] JNIWrapper 2.0 Beta with Java-COM integration available!

Discussion in 'Java' started by Eugene Toporov, Aug 15, 2003.

  1. JNIWrapper 2.0 Beta with Java-COM integration available!

    Today the JNIWrapper Team is proud to present the Beta release of JNIWrapper
    for Windows version 2.0.

    >From now on the JNIWrapper for Windows is more than just JNI bridge.

    JNIWrapper
    2.0 enables you to use Microsoft COM components in your Java applications.

    Our goal is to provide developers with an easy-to-use ability to integrate
    practically any COM/ActiveX object and control its properties as though it
    is
    a pure Java object. The bi-directional access also allows accessing Java objects
    from COM as though they were COM components. For even more ease we provide our
    code generation utility that helps you generate java sources for COM, OLE, and
    ActiveX classes or components by given class identifier using JNIWrapper
    COM
    Bridge classes.

    Please check the WinPack Demo program where 'OLE Container' added allowing
    embedding OLE/ActiveX objects into Java applications and control via Automation
    class. The example allows opening and viewing PDF and Video files inside
    the
    Java program.

    Your feedback on this Beta version is highly appreciated. Please use our
    support or feedback facilities to contact developers if you have questions or
    suggestions regarding this new release.

    JNIWrapper for Windows version 2.0 Beta is now available for download and
    evaluation only. Commercial release of version 2.0 is planned by
    mid-September,
    but the final date will depend on user input and feedback.

    The new API documentation is, as usual, available inside the Documentation
    section.

    Visit http://www.jniwrapper.com/news.jsp for more details.

    JNIWrapper Team
    mailto: