ANN : JyRetic 1.0RC4, Retic Admin 1.3 and Retic SOAP 0.3 released

Alexander DEJANOVSKI

JyRetic 1.0RC4, Retic Administrator 1.3 and Retic SOAP Tester 0.3 were just
released.
(http://retic.sourceforge.net)

Changes are :

Retic Admin 1.3:

- New : popup menus have appeared to ease operations (try right-clicking on
lists and trees), especially adaptor design.
- New : possibility to subscribe to get a notice on adaptor end, through a
Jabber message (Email will come in future releases)
- Improvement : Refresh schedule is now threaded and non-blocking. You can
then set auto-refresh on, while you'll be able to work on other tabs
without being interrupted
- New : Images in Running/Terminated adaptors tracking let you know the
execution status
- New : Terminated adaptors can be filtered according to end date/hour
and/or status
- New : Partial internationalization support (french and english supported,
through languages files) => All texts haven't been translated yet.

JyRetic 1.0RC4 :

- Bug fix : ToXML pipe didn't work because of an internal type mismatch
- Bug fix : Scheduler didn't want to add recurrent events if there were
none already scheduled
- Bug fix : SQLSource didn't properly close the JDBC connection (which
didn't prevent it from working)
- Bug fix : Jabber communications with the server are back up
- Improvement : SQLSink threaded inserts now use persistent connections
overall adaptor execution (instead of opening/closing connection for each
message)
- Some other small bug fixes I might forget.
- Improvement : Support for Xindice 1.1 (to use prior versions of Xindice,
place the right libs in the javalib dir and modify jython.bat or jython.sh
to include them in the local classpath)

Retic SOAP 0.3 :

Major bug fix that prevented from generating correct SOAP Envelopes on some
SOAP implementations.

WHAT IS RETIC ?

Retic is an EAI Server.
The aim is to permit applications to communicate, even if they
don't speak the same language (which means transport protocols
as well as data structures).
This is done by building adaptors. An adaptor is composed of :
- One source
- Several pipes (process data transformations)
- Several sinks (destination of data)
- Several loggers (using log4j)
- Preprocessors (executed only once before adaptor execution - for
example => drop/create a table through a SQL query)
- Postprocessors (executed only once after adaptor execution - for
example => creation of an index on a table through a SQL query)

It is written in Jython and works 100% fine with only Java 1.3+ installed
(although some libs like cocoon.jar and poi-block.jar might only work on
Java 1.4, delete them in case you can't upgrade) on your system (jython 2.1
is embedded in the releases).
It provides connectivity with : JMS, HTTP, SOAP, UDDI, FTP, Xindice, JDBC,
Jabber, SMTP and more...

Enjoy !!

PS : I'd need some help to restart the Python version of Retic. Anyone
interested in contributing should contact me.