[ANN] launchy 0.2.0 Released

Jeremy Hinegardner

As promised, here's a new release of launchy. For those of you who said
the previous version didn't work for you please test this out and let me
know or submit the bugs on rubyforge[1]. I incorporated most of the
feedback from the previous version so I have good hopes that this one
will work for more folks.

If the gem mirrors aren't up to date you may also install via:

gem install launchy --source http://www.copiousfreetime.org/gems

launchy version 0.2.0 has been released.

http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/launchy/

Launchy is helper class for launching cross-platform applications in a
fire and forget manner. There are application concepts (browser,
email client, etc) that are common across all platforms, and they may be
launched differently on each platform. Launchy is here to make a common
approach to launching external application from within ruby programs.

{{ Changelog for Version 0.2.0 }}

=== Version 0.2.0 - 2007-08-11

* rework browser finding
* manual override with LAUNCHY_BROWSER environment variable
* on *nix use desktop application launcher with fallback to list of browsers
* On windows, switch to 'start' command and remove dependency on win32-process
* removed win32 gem
* Add debug output by setting LAUNCHY_DEBUG environment variable to 'true'

enjoy,

-jeremy

[1] - http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=add&group_id=3707&atid=14326

Olivier Renaud

Le dimanche 12 ao=FBt 2007 23:33, Jeremy Hinegardner a =E9crit=A0:
As promised, here's a new release of launchy. For those of you who said
the previous version didn't work for you please test this out and let me
know or submit the bugs on rubyforge[1].

Ok, works here with KDE on Linux : it opens a new tab in konqueror

=2D-=20
Olivier Renaud

Jeremy Hinegardner

Le dimanche 12 ao?t 2007 23:33, Jeremy Hinegardner a ?crit?:
As promised, here's a new release of launchy. For those of you who said
the previous version didn't work for you please test this out and let me
know or submit the bugs on rubyforge[1].

Ok, works here with KDE on Linux : it opens a new tab in konqueror

Perfect. Glad that it works for you.

enjoy,

-jeremy