ANN: Leo 4.1 rc3: An outlining editor

Discussion in 'Python' started by Edward K. Ream, Dec 19, 2003.

  1. Leo 4.1 release candidate 3 is now available at:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/leo/

    This release fixes a serious problem that prevented Leo from reading 3.x
    derived files.

    The highlights version 4.1:
    ---------------------------
    - Leo runs in batch mode when invoked with --script aScriptFile.py
    - Leo supports Unicode characters (e.g. Chinese) in path and file names.
    - @directives and section references are now valid when executing scripts.
    - @ignored and orphan nodes now valid in @file-nosent trees.
    - Script-based find/change commands.
    - Check Outline command.
    - Hoist & DeHoist commands.
    - A new gui-agnostic architecture: useful for batch mode and unit tests.
    - Several new configuration settings.
    - Many new unit tests.
    - A host of bug fixes.

    Quotes of the month
    -------------------
    "I like Leo more the more I use it...It's an unexpected pleasure to
    see my (linearly written) code outlined in Leo. I can't wait to use
    Leo to start a new project, going from outline to code...Thanks again
    for providing the computing community with such a fine piece of
    software." -- Jim Shapiro, Ph.D.

    "If you think you have used all possible programmer's editors, but
    have not yet tried Leo, you are wrong...I rate Leo as a 'must have'
    for Python programmers. The code makes for a good read."
    -- John Tobler http://weblogs.asp.net/Jtobler/

    What is Leo?
    ------------
    - A programmer's editor, an outlining editor and a flexible browser.
    - A literate programming tool, compatible with noweb and CWEB.
    - A data organizer and project manager. Leo provides multiple views
    of projects within a single outline.
    - Fully scriptable using Python. Leo saves its files in XML format.
    - Portable. leo.py is 100% pure Python.
    - Open Software, distributed under the Python License.

    Leo requires Python 2.1 or above and tcl/tk 8.3 or above.
    Leo works on Linux, Windows and MacOs X.

    Links:
    ------
    Home: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leo/
    Download: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3458