ANN: Leo 4.1 rc3: An outlining editor

Edward K. Ream

Leo 4.1 release candidate 3 is now available at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/leo/

This release fixes a serious problem that prevented Leo from reading 3.x
derived files.

The highlights version 4.1:
---------------------------
- Leo runs in batch mode when invoked with --script aScriptFile.py
- Leo supports Unicode characters (e.g. Chinese) in path and file names.
- @directives and section references are now valid when executing scripts.
- @ignored and orphan nodes now valid in @file-nosent trees.
- Script-based find/change commands.
- Check Outline command.
- Hoist & DeHoist commands.
- A new gui-agnostic architecture: useful for batch mode and unit tests.
- Several new configuration settings.
- Many new unit tests.
- A host of bug fixes.

Quotes of the month
-------------------
"I like Leo more the more I use it...It's an unexpected pleasure to
see my (linearly written) code outlined in Leo. I can't wait to use
Leo to start a new project, going from outline to code...Thanks again
for providing the computing community with such a fine piece of
software." -- Jim Shapiro, Ph.D.

"If you think you have used all possible programmer's editors, but
have not yet tried Leo, you are wrong...I rate Leo as a 'must have'
for Python programmers. The code makes for a good read."
-- John Tobler http://weblogs.asp.net/Jtobler/

What is Leo?
------------
- A programmer's editor, an outlining editor and a flexible browser.
- A literate programming tool, compatible with noweb and CWEB.
- A data organizer and project manager. Leo provides multiple views
of projects within a single outline.
- Fully scriptable using Python. Leo saves its files in XML format.
- Portable. leo.py is 100% pure Python.
- Open Software, distributed under the Python License.

Leo requires Python 2.1 or above and tcl/tk 8.3 or above.
Leo works on Linux, Windows and MacOs X.

Links:
------
Home: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leo/
Download: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3458