ANN: Leo 4.4.2 beta 3 released

Edward K. Ream

Leo 4.4.2 beta 3 is available at:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3458&package_id=29106

The beta release fixed dozens of bugs and smoothed many rough edges. There
are no known major bugs in Leo. This will be the last beta release before
Loo 4.4.2 final.

Leo is a text editor, data organizer, project manager and much more. See:
http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/intro.html

The highlights of Leo 4.4.2:
----------------------------
- You can now store settings in myLeoSettings.leo without fear of those
settings being changed by cvs updates or in future versions of Leo.
- Leo's vnode and tnode classes are now completely independent of the rest
of Leo.
Some api's have been changed. This 'big reorg' and may affect scripts and
plugins.
- Leo's vnode and tnode classes can optionally be compatible with ZODB
databases, i.e., they can optionally derive from
ZODB.Persistence.Persistent.
See Chapter 17: Using ZODB with Leo for details.
- The leoOPML plugin defines commands to read and write OPML files.
- The slideshow plugin allows Leo to run slideshows defined by @slideshow
and @slide nodes.
- The leo_to_rtf and leo_to_html plugins create rtf and html files from Leo
outlines.
- Much faster navigation through the outline.
- When focus is in the outline pane, you can move to headlines by typing the
first letter of headlines.
- The find command now optionally closes nodes not needed to show the node
containing the present match.
- Numerous changes that make Leo easier to use without using a mouse,
including new commands and options.
- Many new minibuffer commands now appear in the Cmds menu.
- A sax parser can now optionally read .leo files.
- Fixed numerous bugs.

Quote of the month:
------------------
For the non-leo python project I'm (supposed to be) working on, I'm
switching from emacs to leo :)
-- Terry Brown

Links:
------