ANN: Leo 4.4 rc1 released

Discussion in 'Python' started by Edward K. Ream, Apr 28, 2006.

  1. Leo 4.4 release candidate 1 is now available at:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3458&package_id=29106

    This version fixes a few minor bug reported in 4.4b4 and adds 9 new
    commands. The open-outline-by-name command supports filename completion.

    Leo is a text editor, data organizer, project manager and much more. See:
    http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/intro.html

    The highlights of Leo 4.4:
    --------------------------
    - An Emacs-like mini-buffer: you can now execute any command by typing its
    long name, with tab completion.

    - Many new commands, including cursor and screen movement, basic character,
    word and paragraph manipulation, and commands to manipulate buffers, the
    kill ring, regions and rectangles. You can use Leo without using a mouse.

    - Flexible key bindings and input modes. You can emulate the operation of
    Emacs, Vim, or any other editor.

    - A tabbed log pane. The Find and Spell Check commands now use tabs instead
    of dialogs, making those commands much easier to use. Plugins or scripts can
    easily create new tabs. The Completion tab shows possible typing
    completions.

    - Autocompletion and calltips.

    - Dozens of other new features and bug fixes since Leo 4.3.3.

    Links:
    ------
    Home: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leo/
    Download: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3458
    CVS: http://leo.tigris.org/source/browse/leo/
    Quotes: http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/testimonials.html

    Edward
    Edward K. Ream email:

    Edward K. Ream, Apr 28, 2006

  2. Edward K. Ream

    Fulvio Guest

    Alle 22:58, venerdì 28 aprile 2006, Edward K. Ream ha scritto:
    > Many new commands, including

    Small question.....
    Has it way of using macro or programmable input?
    I mean this because for linux there arent many text editors with macro
    (recording/playing back) nor any with script commands.

    Thank you.
    If Leo lack of this, would be appreciated to give some idea to get involved on
    making it running python code.

    Fulvio, Apr 29, 2006

  3. Fulvio wrote:

    > I mean this because for linux there arent many text editors with macro
    > (recording/playing back) nor any with script commands.

    umm. what about the big ones: emacs & vim ? they both have extensive
    support for macros and scripting, and can both be scripted in Python. and
    if you're running linux, they're not very far away...

    </F>

    Fredrik Lundh, Apr 29, 2006
  4. Edward K. Ream

    Fulvio Guest

    Alle 19:15, sabato 29 aprile 2006, Fredrik Lundh ha scritto:
    > emacs

    I didn't like Emacs since the glory day of Amiga. Also vim look pretty rough
    for my tastes.
    I fill more confortable in Kate, but I don't deny any furter trial. May I'm
    gonna reconsidering Emacs :)

    Fulvio, Apr 30, 2006