[ANN] Libxml-Ruby 0.3.8.2 now available (Repost)

Ross Bamford

(I posted this to comp.lang.ruby a while ago, but posts don't seem to be
crossing the gateway in this direction so I'll repost. Apologies if this
turns up as a dupe).

============
Libxml-Ruby 0.3.8.2 is now available from Rubyforge
(http://libxml.rubyforge.org). Libxml-Ruby provides Ruby bindings to
libxml2, the high-speed, high-capability XML processing library used by
the GNOME project.

This release includes critical bug-fixes and cross-platform installation
improvements backported from the current 0.4 development effort, and is
a highly-recommended upgrade for all Libxml-Ruby 0.3.x users.

Changes for this release:
* Reimplemented XML::Node memory management
* Reimplemented node copy handling
* Reimplemented attribute memory handling
* Fixed attribute list traversal (bug #4719)
* Tested fix of bug #4635
* Integrated Luc Van Deuren's cdata/comment node patch
* Fixed test-naming bugs
* Fixed doc build bug
* Fixed parser error handler proc early GC bug
* include stdarg.h on ruby_xml_document

Thanks to everyone who reported bugs and contributed patches.

James Edward Gray II

(I posted this to comp.lang.ruby a while ago, but posts don't seem
to be
crossing the gateway in this direction so I'll repost. Apologies if
this
turns up as a dupe).

I'm looking into this now. Newsgroup messages should start coming in
anytime now.

Our NNTP host seems to have skipped a message number (going from
133450 to 133452) and the Gateway couldn't cope with that. Fred, can
you provide any insight on what happened there? Is this something I
need to code around?

James Edward Gray II