[ANN] Libxml-Ruby 0.3.8.2 now available (Repost)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ross Bamford, Nov 22, 2006.

  1. Ross Bamford

    Ross Bamford Guest

    (I posted this to comp.lang.ruby a while ago, but posts don't seem to be
    crossing the gateway in this direction so I'll repost. Apologies if this
    turns up as a dupe).

    ============
    Libxml-Ruby 0.3.8.2 is now available from Rubyforge
    (http://libxml.rubyforge.org). Libxml-Ruby provides Ruby bindings to
    libxml2, the high-speed, high-capability XML processing library used by
    the GNOME project.

    This release includes critical bug-fixes and cross-platform installation
    improvements backported from the current 0.4 development effort, and is
    a highly-recommended upgrade for all Libxml-Ruby 0.3.x users.

    Changes for this release:
    * Reimplemented XML::Node memory management
    * Reimplemented node copy handling
    * Reimplemented attribute memory handling
    * Fixed attribute list traversal (bug #4719)
    * Tested fix of bug #4635
    * Integrated Luc Van Deuren's cdata/comment node patch
    * Fixed test-naming bugs
    * Fixed doc build bug
    * Fixed parser error handler proc early GC bug
    * include stdarg.h on ruby_xml_document

    Thanks to everyone who reported bugs and contributed patches.

    --
    Ross Bamford -

    Ross Bamford, Nov 22, 2006

  2. Gateway Issues (was Re: [ANN] Libxml-Ruby 0.3.8.2 now available (Repost))

    On Nov 22, 2006, at 9:09 AM, Ross Bamford wrote:

    > (I posted this to comp.lang.ruby a while ago, but posts don't seem
    > to be
    > crossing the gateway in this direction so I'll repost. Apologies if
    > this
    > turns up as a dupe).

    I'm looking into this now. Newsgroup messages should start coming in
    anytime now.

    Our NNTP host seems to have skipped a message number (going from
    133450 to 133452) and the Gateway couldn't cope with that. Fred, can
    you provide any insight on what happened there? Is this something I
    need to code around?

    James Edward Gray II

    James Edward Gray II, Nov 22, 2006