[ANN] London Ruby User Group - 10th March 2008

Murray Steele

Hi all,

The London Ruby User Group is having it's March meeting this coming Monday.

Date: Monday, 10th March, 2008
Time: 6:30pm for the talks, 8:00pm for the pub
Location: 1 Sekforde Street[1] for the talks, The Crown Tavern[2] for the pub
Closest tube: Farringdon

Agenda

Thomas Pomfret and Andrew Stewart are both doing short warm-up /
trailer versions of their talks for the Scotland on Rails conference
in April. Thomas is talking about a rails app he wrote for Channel 4
that was used to help with mobile phone voting and Andrew is talking
about handling long running tasks in rails.

Following them Kresten Krab Thorup will talk about implementing ruby
on the JVM and discuss the chanllenges he faced in doing so.

Once the talking is done, we make our way to the pub for the chatting.

More details about all of the talks can be found on the LRUG website[3].

*NOTE*
It's important that if you want to come you register with our hosts,
Skills Matter, on their website[4] as without proper indication of
numbers, we'll get the wrong sized room and have to refuse people
entry on the grounds of fire regulations.

See you all there,

Muz

[1] http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=EC1R+0BE&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=16&om=1&iwloc=addr
[2] http://fancyapint.com/pubs/pub199.html
[3] http://lrug.org/meetings/2008/02/19/march-2008-meeting
[4] http://skillsmatter.com/lrug

Date: Monday, 10th March, 2008
Time: 6:30pm for the talks, 8:00pm for the pub
Location: 1 Sekforde Street[1] for the talks, The Crown Tavern[2] for the pub

Because of huge numbers of registrants the talks will now be held at
The Old Sessions House, which is about 5 mins away from the original
venue.

Venue website: http://www.sessionshouse.com/
Map: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&h...n=17.525023,32.387695&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=addr

We'll go to the same pub though, as it's still close by.

Muz