[ANN] MIME::Types 1.13

Austin Ziegler

I am pleased to announce the release of MIME::Types 1.13.

http://www.halostatue.ca/ruby/MIME__Types.html
http://www.halostatue.ca/files/mime-types-1.13.gem
http://www.halostatue.ca/files/mime-types-1.13.tar.gz
http://www.halostatue.ca/ruby/MIME__Types_doc/index.html

MIME::Types is a library to make it easy to discover the MIME Content-Type
based on the filename (extension) provided, similar to the results that one
would get from mailcap discovery in other languages.

MIME::Types is originally based on, and is generally kept in sync with, the
Perl version of the same name.

In MIME::Types 1.13, there have been a few API changes; one of the changes
is incompatible with previous versions. This will only affect users of the
library who have created custom MIME Content-Type objects.

Future versions of MIME::Types will see other changes, but there are
discussions surrounding the exact changes that will be made, as there are
still a number of MIME Content-Types present that are not IANA-registered
and are not being handled properly because of the source data. There are
ways that this can be dealt with, but I am attempting to coordinate with
Mark Overmeer, the author of Perl's MIME::Types.

-austin