[ANN] mime-types 1.16 Released

Austin Ziegler

After an excessive amount of time, I've released MIME::Types 1.16. The
primary purpose of this release is compatibility with Ruby 1.9.1, but I
haven't ignored the latest IANA registered types. I have also picked up
a few other types that others submitted as patches and scanned through
the latest version (1.27) of the Perl MIME::Types library.

MIME::Types for Ruby allows for the identification of a file's likely
MIME content type based on the file's filename extension, or provides a
list of extensions associated with a MIME content type, if known.

* <http://mime-types.rubyforge.org/>

MIME::Types for Ruby originally based on and synchronized with the Perl
version by Mark Overmeer, copyright 2001 - 2009. As of version 1.15, the
data format for the MIME::Type list has changed and synchronization, if
it happens, will be sporadic at best. The preferred source of input for
a MIME::Type is the IANA registered list.

Homepage: http://mime-types.rubyforge.org/
Copyright: 2002 - 2009, Austin Ziegler
Based on prior work copyright Mark Overmeer
Download: http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=293

## LICENCE NOTES
MIME::Types is available under Ruby's disjunctive licence with the GNU
GPL or the Perl Artistic licence. See the file Licence.txt in the
package for full details.

## Requirements and Installation
MIME::Types has been tested with Ruby 1.8.6, Ruby 1.8.7, Ruby 1.9.1,
JRuby 1.1.6 (in Ruby 1.8 mode), and MacRuby 0.3.

MIME::Types can be installed with:

% ruby setup.rb

Alternatively, you can use the RubyGems version of MIME::Types available
as mime-types-1.16.gem from the usual sources.

Changes:

## MIME::Types 1.16
* Made compatible with Ruby 1.8.6, 1.8.7, and 1.9.1.
* Switched to the 'hoe' gem system and added a lot of build-time tools.
* Updated the MIME types to the list based on the values in the Perl library
version 1.27. Also updated based on external source information and bug
reports.
* This is the last planned version of MIME::Types 1.x. Work will be
starting soon on MIME::Types 2.x with richer data querying mechanisms
and support for external data sources.

* <http://mime-types.rubyforge.org/>