[ANN] Minimal servlet server

Discussion in 'Java' started by karl wettin, Apr 27, 2004.

  1. karl wettin

    karl wettin Guest

    The 'snigel heavy industries' servlet server version 0.0.1 has been
    released.

    * 40kB of source code
    * BSD licence

    = Limitations =

    * Is not (yet) compliant with the javax.servlet
    * METHOD GET only

    = Features =

    * Cookies
    * Sessions
    * (Browsable) public directories

    * Comes with a set of easy to use widgets
    * Listview
    * Treeview
    * Bean introspecting GUI

    = How? =

    public static void main(String[] args)
    throws Exception
    {
    ServletServer server = new ServletServer(8080);
    server.setPublicRoot(new
    File("/home/kalle/projects/snigel/servlet/public_html"));
    server.putContext("/test", new TestServlet());
    new Thread(server).start();
    }

    = Why? =

    I was sick and tired of starting my applications from the servlet
    engine, beeing unable to debug the servlets, having to restart the
    servlet engine all the time, et.c.

    = Where? =

    <http://snigel.dnsalias.net/snigelwiki/se_2esnigel_2enet_2eservlet>

    Please report bugs, feature requests and patches at the Wiki
    or via email: <mailto:>

    karl wettin, Apr 27, 2004