[ANN] mms2r 2.0.5 Released

Mike Mondragon

(FYI #1, http://peepcode.com/products/mms2r-pdf
We wrote a PeepCode book for processing email and MMS using mms2r.
We've included additional tips like daemonizing Rails to fetch and
process email, and a simple email based help ticket system.)

(FYI #2, mms2r is used by many social websites that incorporate
cell/mobile photos posted from their members. See "As Seen On The
Internet" section at:
http://mms2r.rubyforge.org/ )

mms2r version 2.0.5 has been released!

* <by Mike Mondragon>
* <http://mms2r.rubyforge.org/>
* <http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?group_id=3065>

MMS2R is a library that decodes the parts of an MMS message to disk
while stripping out advertising injected by the mobile carriers. MMS
messages are multipart email and the carriers often inject branding
into these messages. Use MMS2R if you want to get at the real user
generated content from a MMS without having to deal with the cruft
from the carriers.

If MMS2R is not aware of a particular carrier no extra processing is
done to the MMS other than decoding and consolidating its media.

Contact the author to add additional carriers to be processed by the
library. Suggestions and patches appreciated and welcomed!

Corpus of carriers currently processed by MMS2R:

* 1nbox/Idea: 1nbox.net
* 3 Ireland: mms.3ireland.ie
* Alltel: mms.alltel.com
* AT&T/Cingular/Legacy: mms.att.net, txt.att.net, mmode.com, mms.mycingular.com,
cingularme.com
* Bell South / Suncom: bellsouth.net
* Cricket Wireless: mms.mycricket.com
* Dobson/Cellular One: mms.dobson.net
* Helio: mms.myhelio.com
* Hutchison 3G UK Ltd: mms.three.co.uk
* INDOSAT M2: mobile.indosat.net.id
* LUXGSM S.A.: mms.luxgsm.lu
* Maroc Telecom / mms.mobileiam.ma
* MTM South Africa: mms.mtn.co.za
* NetCom (Norway): mms.netcom.no
* Nextel: messaging.nextel.com
* O2 Germany: mms.o2online.de
* Orange & Regional Oranges: orangemms.net, mmsemail.orange.pl, orange.fr
* PXT New Zealand: pxt.vodafone.net.nz
* Rogers of Canada: rci.rogers.com
* SaskTel: sms.sasktel.com
* Sprint: pm.sprint.com, messaging.sprintpcs.com
* T-Mobile: tmomail.net, mmsreply.t-mobile.co.uk
* Vodacom: mms.vodacom4me.co.za
* Verizon: vzwpix.com, vtext.com
* PLSPICTURES.COM mms hosting: waw.plspictures.com

Changes:

## 2.0.5 / 2008-07-17 (Dr. Ralphus Galkensmelter - Psychological death expert)

* Deal with Apple Mail multipart/appledouble - jesse dp