[ANN] Mocha - new stubbing and mocking library released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by James Mead, Jul 19, 2006.

  1. James Mead

    James Mead Guest

    Mocha is a Ruby mocking library with a syntax like that of JMock and
    SchMock, but with a couple of useful extras. It comes in three parts:

    Mocha - traditional mock objects with expectations and verification
    Stubba - allows mocking and stubbing of methods on real (non-mock)
    classes and instances
    AutoMocha - magically provides mocks in the place of undefined classes

    RDoc - http://mocha.rubyforge.org
    Download - http://rubyforge.org/projects/mocha

    Mocha and Stubba have been created by amalgamating a number of
    techniques developed by me and my Reevoo colleagues (Ben Griffiths,
    Chris Roos and Paul Battley) into a common syntax. Both Mocha and
    Stubba are in use on real-world Rails projects.

    AutoMocha is more experimental and is at an earlier stage of
    development. It's an attempt to make it easier to write true unit
    tests (i.e. tests with no external dependencies).

    You can find examples in the RDoc README and in the acceptance tests.

    James
    http://blog.floehopper.org
    James Mead, Jul 19, 2006