    January Phoenix Ruby User Group Meeting

    Date: Monday, January 14, 2008

    Time: 6:15pm - Socializing
    7:00pm - Official start of meeting

    Place: Rising Tide Software
    4643 E. Thomas Rd, Suite #3
    Phoenix, AZ 85018
    (602) 714-1147

    See http://www.rubyaz.org for details

    See http://www.refactorphoenix.com/directions/ for directions to the RTS
    secret labs

    Topic: Let's Explore Ruby 1.9!

    See what's new, exciting, weird, and/or goofy in the latest Ruby
    release. James will give a presentation on Ruby 1.9 and demo assorted
    code. If you have something you'd like to try under 1.9, we can give it
    a whirl, too.

    The Phoenix Ruby Users Group meets at 7:00pm on the second Monday of
    each month, barring holidays.

    Details may be found at www.rubyaz.org.

    After the meeting (~8:15pm) we plan on going out to dinner for more fun
    and fine conversation.

    Good news! The Havana Cafe on Camelback Rd. is still operating, so we
    expect to be heading there.

    If you can't make the Ruby meeting, please consider joining us for
    dinner. (We talk about all sorts of things, not just Ruby, so it's a
    good opportunity for geeks of all tribes to hang out.)

    Note: If you are thinking of going straight to the restaurant, please
    call me, James Britt, at the RTS offices so I can have the restaurant
    plan for the appropriate number of people. (It's also good to check
    that we are in fact going to be where we think we're going to be.)

    Thanks,

    --

    James Britt

    www.risingtidesoftware.com - Wicked Cool Coding