[ANN] Moving blogs yet again (blog.majesticseacreature.com)

Gregory Brown

Hi folks,

This is a one time announcement of where the bulk of my Ruby writing
will be in the future.

You'll be able to find it at: http://blog.majesticseacreature.com

Please be advised that I'm aware my blogging engine is totally lame,
but it makes me happy, which means I might be more inclined to write
more / better.

This won't be limited to Ruby discussion, but it should stay fairly
technical. When I started my other blog, I never guessed not everyone
would like random rants on religion, politics, and the occasional bad
poetry.

This one will be more on topic and possibly more relevant. :)

-greg

PS: I know I move my blog too frequently, so I'll try to at least stay
at the URL mentioned above for a while. :)

PPS: Sorry for the noise to those uninterested.

James Britt

Gregory said:
Hi folks,

This is a one time announcement of where the bulk of my Ruby writing
will be in the future.

You'll be able to find it at: http://blog.majesticseacreature.com

If possible, have the old site (and feeds) issue an HTTP 301 Moved
Permanently header with the new URLs.

--
James Britt

www.happycamperstudios.com - Wicked Cool Coding

Thomas Sawyer

Gregory said:
Hi folks,

This is a one time announcement of where the bulk of my Ruby writing
will be in the future.

You'll be able to find it at: http://blog.majesticseacreature.com

Please be advised that I'm aware my blogging engine is totally lame,
but it makes me happy, which means I might be more inclined to write
more / better.

The comment system (or the lack thereof) is a major issue here -- I've
been down a similar road myself, and if it weren't for that I may have
stayed there. It's fun... but then again, is it a good use of one's
time?

T.

Marc Heiler

The comment system (or the lack thereof) is a major issue here

I always fancied it this way - the simpler, the better. If it is
somewhat elegant while staying simple, it is almost perfect. :)

The only thing I really hate about comment systems in general are
certain type of captchas (not all).

Thomas Sawyer

Marc said:
I always fancied it this way - the simpler, the better. If it is
somewhat elegant while staying simple, it is almost perfect. :)

The only thing I really hate about comment systems in general are
certain type of captchas (not all).

Do you have any idea for a solution? -- A simpler, better comment
system?

T.

Gregory Brown

If possible, have the old site (and feeds) issue an HTTP 301 Moved
Permanently header with the new URLs.

None of them have quite died, just been re-purposed, or are so dead no
one is looking anymore :)
In the future, I'll just do that rather than make the announcement :)

-greg