ANN: Munkware 0.4 - RESTish interface

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jeremy Jones, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. Jeremy Jones

    Jeremy Jones Guest

    Munkware, a transactional and persistent queueing mechanism, is proud to
    announce version 0.4 for public consumption. One bug fix and one enhancement in
    this release:

    - Now checks for proper index on all put_rollback() and get_rollback() calls
    (forgot to check there when I was fixing the *_commit()s - oops).
    - RESTish interface now available via HTTP server in the Python standard
    library.

    The Sourceforge Project page is located at
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/munkware/ and the project home page is located
    at http://munkware.sourceforge.net/

    The RESTish interface is very much in infancy, but I wanted to get it out there
    and see if anyone had any comments/suggestions/etc. I've got a lot of work I
    want to do, including these items from my TODO list:
    - Create an example of a multithreaded HTTP server.
    - Abstract out the REST portions from the request handler.
    - Create ability to have more than one queue per HTTP server (probably going to
    be solved by abstracting REST out).
    Plus some others I'm sure to have forgotten.

    If you have any suggestions, please feel free to email them to me.

    Jeremy Jones
    Jeremy Jones, Feb 3, 2004