    for choreography commands.

    Paul.

    PS - Yes, we actually use this at work!

    Paul Battley, Mar 13, 2006

  2. Paul Battley

    Guest

    On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Paul Battley wrote:

    > http://opensource.reevoo.com/2006/03/13/release-nabaztag-01/
    >
    > I'm pleased to announce the public release of our Nabaztag
    > communication library for Ruby.
    >
    > The Nabaztag (http://www.nabaztag.com/) is a small electronic rabbit
    > with lights, motorised ears, and speech.
    >
    > The library enables control of the text-to-speech, ear movement, and
    > choreography features of a Nabaztag device. It implements a small DSL
    > for choreography commands.
    >
    > Paul.
    >
    > PS - Yes, we actually use this at work!

    may we ask - for what? ;-)

    -a

    --
    share your knowledge. it's a way to achieve immortality.
    - h.h. the 14th dali lama

    , Mar 13, 2006

  3. Paul Battley

    Paul Battley Guest

    On 13/03/06, <> wrote:
    > > PS - Yes, we actually use this at work!

    > may we ask - for what? ;-)

    It performs a couple of announcement functions. First, it reports the
    success or failure of builds on the continuous integration machine.
    Second, it announces every time our review aggregation service
    receives a ping. It's nothing that couldn't be handled by a computer
    playing a few samples (or using OS X's text-to-speech), but it's more
    interesting this way!

    Paul.

    Paul Battley, Mar 13, 2006
  4. Paul Battley

    Robert Feldt Guest

    On 3/13/06, Paul Battley <> wrote:
    > On 13/03/06, <> wrote:
    > > > PS - Yes, we actually use this at work!

    > > may we ask - for what? ;-)

    > It performs a couple of announcement functions. First, it reports the
    > success or failure of builds on the continuous integration machine.
    > Second, it announces every time our review aggregation service
    > receives a ping. It's nothing that couldn't be handled by a computer
    > playing a few samples (or using OS X's text-to-speech), but it's more
    > interesting this way!

    :)

    I find the whole idea of a Ruby library for controlling a little white
    rabbit through a REST-ful API over the Internet very entertaining. :)
    Thanks for this! I will probably use it for my upcoming programming
    introduction for my daughter... :)

    Regards,

    Robert Feldt

    Robert Feldt, Mar 13, 2006
  5. Being French, I particularly appreciated the phonetic translation to
    French of your warning sentence. It made me laugh out loud !

    Vincent

    Vincent Arnoux, Mar 13, 2006
  6. --=-K8PPb4v8fEg3LLOo1ISX

    I never thought I would want a small toy rabbit but I do! Does it work
    in the US?

    On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 01:23 +0900, Robert Feldt wrote:

    > > > may we ask - for what? ;-)

    > > It performs a couple of announcement functions. First, it reports the
    > > success or failure of builds on the continuous integration machine.
    > > Second, it announces every time our review aggregation service
    > > receives a ping. It's nothing that couldn't be handled by a computer
    > > playing a few samples (or using OS X's text-to-speech), but it's more
    > > interesting this way!
    > >

    > :)
    >
    > I find the whole idea of a Ruby library for controlling a little white
    > rabbit through a REST-ful API over the Internet very entertaining. :)
    > Thanks for this! I will probably use it for my upcoming programming
    > introduction for my daughter... :)
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Robert Feldt

    Charlie Bowman
    Programmer
    Castle Branch Inc.

    --=-K8PPb4v8fEg3LLOo1ISX--

    Charlie Bowman, Mar 13, 2006
  7. Paul Battley

    James Adam Guest

    Paul, can you bring that to the next LRUG meeting?

    Oh, and you're insured if it goes missing, aren't you....? *ahem* :)

    - james

    ~

    James Adam, Mar 13, 2006
  8. Paul Battley

    zdennis Guest

    Paul Battley wrote:
    > http://opensource.reevoo.com/2006/03/13/release-nabaztag-01/
    >
    > I'm pleased to announce the public release of our Nabaztag
    > communication library for Ruby.
    >
    > The Nabaztag (http://www.nabaztag.com/) is a small electronic rabbit
    > with lights, motorised ears, and speech.
    >
    > The library enables control of the text-to-speech, ear movement, and
    > choreography features of a Nabaztag device. It implements a small DSL
    > for choreography commands.
    >
    > Paul.
    >
    > PS - Yes, we actually use this at work!

    That's pretty sweet Paul. Thanks for sharing!

    Zach

    zdennis, Mar 14, 2006
  9. ------=_Part_2760_7234646.1142345180161

    Awesome idea!

    I can just see the remake of the Matrix, "Neo, follow the nabaztag". :)

    --Bill

    Bill Barnhill
    i-name: xri://=3DBill.Barnhill (For more info:
    http://2idi.com/grs/index.php?referral_code=3Dcommunitivity
    )

    Bill Barnhill, Mar 14, 2006