[ANN] Nabaztag 0.2.0 The Curse of the Web-Rabbit

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Paul Battley, Aug 2, 2006.

  1. Paul Battley

    Paul Battley Guest

    Good news, everybody!

    Version 0.2.0 of the indispensible Nabaztag library has been released.
    Now your cybernetic rabbit can speak either French or English,
    regardless of his or her settings.

    Not sure what a Nabaztag is? Go here:
    http://www.nabaztag.com/
    Be warned, though: you'll end up wanting to buy one!

    What's new in this version?

    * Version 2 API support
    * Can speak French or English
    * There's now a command-line utility, nabaztag-say
    * It's available as a gem

    You can obtain the library in several ways:

    As a shiny new gem:
    gem install nabaztag

    As a tarball:
    http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=1810

    Subversively:
    svn co http://opensource.reevoo.com/repos/nabaztag/tags/nabaztag-0.2.0

    Paul.
    Paul Battley, Aug 2, 2006

  2. Paul Battley

    Paul Battley Guest

    I forgot to add that credit is due to Mario Martelli for his help in
    implementing and debugging support for the English-language responses.

    Paul.
    Paul Battley, Aug 2, 2006

  3. On 2-aug-2006, at 17:57, Paul Battley wrote:

    > Not sure what a Nabaztag is? Go here:
    > http://www.nabaztag.com/

    This device is so inexplicably _japanese_...
    --
    Julian 'Julik' Tarkhanov
    please send all personal mail to
    me at julik.nl
    Julian 'Julik' Tarkhanov, Aug 2, 2006
  4. Paul Battley

    Paul Battley Guest

    On 02/08/06, Julian 'Julik' Tarkhanov <> wrote:
    > This device is so inexplicably _japanese_...

    It does look that way, yet it's French, and the name's Armenian!

    Paul.
    Paul Battley, Aug 2, 2006