[ANN] Needle-Extras 1.0.0

Jamis Buck

Needle-Extras is a library of add-on services and utilities that can be
used in your applications, in conjunction with Needle.

Project page: http://rubyforge.org/projects/needle
User Manual: http://needle.rubyforge.org/extras
API Docs: http://needle.rubyforge.org/extras/api

Needle-Extras also demonstrates to other library authors how to make
your libraries Needle-compatible.

This first release of Needle includes the following services/utilities:

* AttrInject: this is an implementation of interface injection for
Needle, based on an implementation by Christian Neukirchen (thanks,
chris2!) This allows you to specify the dependencies of a class via an
"attr_inject" macro/method. Then, you use a special service model (e.g.
"singleton_inject", or "prototype_inject"), which makes sure that those
declared dependencies are satisfied when the service is instantiated.
It's not as powerful as it could be (yet), but it makes a good
technology demonstration.

* Multicast: this is a service that allows you to create "multicast"
services--services that delegate their methods to a list of other services.

* RequireLibrary: this is actually a mini-framework for allowing
libraries to register themselves with Needle, making it easier for
clients to depend on third-party service libraries.

Enjoy!

- Jamis

James Britt

Jamis said:
Needle-Extras is a library of add-on services and utilities that can be
used in your applications, in conjunction with Needle.

I expect Jamis to be doing endorsements for Jolt Cola any day now.

James

Zach Dennis

James said:
I expect Jamis to be doing endorsements for Jolt Cola any day now.

Is that still on the market somewhere? It was pulled from the shelves in
Michigan about 6 years ago.

Zach

Brian Schröder

Is that still on the market somewhere? It was pulled from the shelves in
Michigan about 6 years ago.

Zach

I don't drink cola, but I think there was a campaign here in south-west germany about a year ago.

Regards,

Brian