[ANN] New RubyGems Indexer

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Eric Hodel, Oct 5, 2007.

  1. Eric Hodel

    Eric Hodel Guest

    Tom Copeland has just deployed my new RubyGems indexer in preparation
    for a RubyGems beta.

    You should see fewer bulk index updates, and no more missing gems
    that you know are there.

    It's supposed to be fully backwards-compatible, but I might have
    screwed something up.

    Details:

    http://tomcopeland.blogs.com/juniordeveloper/2007/10/more-reliable-
    g.html

    http://blog.segment7.net/articles/2007/10/05/rubygems-beta-approaching

    Eric Hodel, Oct 5, 2007

  2. Eric Hodel

    Paul Brannan Guest

    On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 03:04:33AM +0900, Eric Hodel wrote:
    > Tom Copeland has just deployed my new RubyGems indexer in preparation
    > for a RubyGems beta.
    >
    > You should see fewer bulk index updates, and no more missing gems
    > that you know are there.
    >
    > It's supposed to be fully backwards-compatible, but I might have
    > screwed something up.
    >
    > Details:
    >
    > http://tomcopeland.blogs.com/juniordeveloper/2007/10/more-reliable-
    > g.html
    >
    > http://blog.segment7.net/articles/2007/10/05/rubygems-beta-approaching

    Is the fast index working yet?

    Paul

    Paul Brannan, Oct 5, 2007

  3. Eric Hodel

    Eric Hodel Guest

    On Oct 5, 2007, at 11:10 , Paul Brannan wrote:
    > On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 03:04:33AM +0900, Eric Hodel wrote:
    >> Tom Copeland has just deployed my new RubyGems indexer in preparation
    >> for a RubyGems beta.
    >>
    >> You should see fewer bulk index updates, and no more missing gems
    >> that you know are there.
    >>
    >> It's supposed to be fully backwards-compatible, but I might have
    >> screwed something up.
    >>
    >> Details:
    >>
    >> http://tomcopeland.blogs.com/juniordeveloper/2007/10/more-reliable-
    >> g.html
    >>
    >> http://blog.segment7.net/articles/2007/10/05/rubygems-beta-
    >> approaching

    > Is the fast index working yet?

    The quick index has been in RubyGems since 0.9.2, IIRC, but the way
    the indexer was written the files needed for it to function were
    missing more than half the time.

    Eric Hodel, Oct 5, 2007