[ANN] Nitro + Og 0.9.5 (BUGFIX VERSION)

George Moschovitis

Hello everyone,

new versions of Nitro and Og were just released.

Download: http://www.rubyforge.com/projects/nitro

A bug fix release.

* Fixed *NASTY* Webrick deadlock bug that prevented the examples
from running correctly (mainly under windows).

* Experimental Wee-style example (will be updated in the next version).

* Changed default port to 8069 (8080 was to common).

* Small fixes and improvements.

Have fun,
George

Bauduin Raphael

George said:
Hello everyone,

new versions of Nitro and Og were just released.

Download: http://www.rubyforge.com/projects/nitro

A bug fix release.

* Fixed *NASTY* Webrick deadlock bug that prevented the examples
from running correctly (mainly under windows).

I had this problem with Debian unstable too.
Works now, though it seems to use the postgresql server at localhost,
whatever I enter as host name for the database server.

Btw, is it possible to use Og easily with an existing database?

Raph

George Moschovitis

Hello,
Works now, though it seems to use the postgresql server at localhost,
whatever I enter as host name for the database server.

hmm I 'll have a look at this, this seems like a bug.
Btw, is it possible to use Og easily with an existing database?

It is possible to use Og in ActiveRecord style mode (ie, what I call
R->O
mapping). But as in AR some conventions must be followed. Perhaps
I can add some extra options to prop_accessor to help with existing
databases.

If you want, we can discuss this further in the nitro-general mailing
list on RubyForge (also Og related).

regards,
George.