[ANN] NLize (Native Languageize Ruby's error messages)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by arton, Sep 6, 2008.

  1. arton

    arton Guest

    Hi all

    I've just released NLize.
    NLize is an extended library that converts Ruby's error messages into
    native language using Ruby-GetText.
    At this time, it only supports x86 Ruby (I've tested on Vista x86 with
    msvc-60 and OS X 10.5 with x86 ruby), and has only ja/rubymsg.po and mo.
    But already I've extracted the messages into pot file, so you can change
    ruby's message into your native language with some translation effort
    and some Ruby-GetText knowledge.
    The repositry already has Rakefile with update_po, make_mo task and
    creating gem task.

    The usage is very simpl, you only need to put "require 'nlize'" line on
    your top of the script, or invoking ruby with -rnlize option. Of course
    if you'll install it with gem, prior loading RubyGems is required.

    I think it's useful for novice programmer, so anyone who teaches ruby to
    his students, co-workers etc, may have some interrest for it.

    The sources are pushed in github.
    http://github.com/arton/nlize/wikis

    Any suggestions, patches, pull requests are welcome.

    Cheers.

    --
    arton <>

    Enjoy MLB with MAJOR.JP! Ichiro, Matsuzaka, Matsui, and more!
    http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/mlb/
    arton, Sep 6, 2008